- 3 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 5 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 6 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 7 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Movies Mohanlal's New Still From Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham Wins The Internet!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Sports Lewandowski's extraordinary but Messi's from another planet – Vidal
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade now. The company has continuously been updating the SUV's design and engines over the years. However, due to the nationwide lockdown, everything was put on hold and the automobile industry has taken a big hit due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the Government has eased up the lockdown a little, businesses have started to resume slowly under rules and regulations. Earlier, the all-new next-generation XUV500 was snapped testing on the Indian roads, post the lockdown ease. Now, as per the images captured by Rushlane, the SUV has been spotted testing once again Chennai. However, the 2021 XUV500 was supposed to launch by the end of this year, but now the SUV is expected to launch sometime in early 2021.
As seen in the pictures, the SUV is covered under heavy wraps, but from its overall dimensions and silhouette, the vehicle can be recognised easily as a Mahindra. However, the SUV is running steel wheels at the rear (could be a lower variant) and alloys at the front (maybe a wheel cap), it's not clear through the pictures.
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling. The SUV is expected to get LED headlights with LED DRLs and LED fogs and a new design for the taillights.
On the inside, the SUV is likely to get a large horizontal touchscreen infotainment system. a large MID screen, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, flat-bottom steering wheel, cruise control out of many.
Mechanically, the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is expected to feature a brand new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new unit is expected to be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace. Mahindra is also likely to introduce a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the all-new XUV500. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options and the top-end trims will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system.
Thoughts About The All-New 2021 XUV500
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will bring with it a host of features and modern technology. Once launched it will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas in the Indian market.