- 13 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Technology Jio Postpaid Plan Effect: Airtel, Vodafone-Idea Might Join Hands With Leading OTT Players
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh And Deepika Padukone's manager Karishma Prakash Arrive At NCB Office
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade now. The company has continuously been updating the SUV's design and engines over the years. Businesses were shut due to the lockdown, but since the Government has eased up the lockdown, businesses have started to resume slowly and manufacturers have started testing their vehicles.
The all-new next-generation XUV500 was snapped testing on the Indian roads a number of times, post the lockdown ease. Now, as per the images captured by Shutterdrive, the SUV has been spotted testing once again under heavy wraps. However, the 2021 XUV500 was supposed to launch by the end of this year, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, now the SUV is expected to launch sometime in early 2021.
Though the vehicle is under heavy wraps, the overall dimensions and silhouette of the SUV can be recognised easily as a Mahindra. However, the SUV is running steel wheels, which could indicate that this is a lower variant.
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling. The SUV is expected to get LED headlights with LED DRLs and LED fogs and a new design for the taillights.
On the inside, the SUV is likely to get a large horizontal touchscreen infotainment system. a large MID screen, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, flat-bottom steering wheel, cruise control out of many.
Mechanically, the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is expected to feature a brand new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new unit is expected to be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace. Mahindra is also likely to introduce a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the all-new XUV500. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options and the top-end trims will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system.
Thoughts About The All-New Mahindra XUV500
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will bring with it a host of features and modern technology. Once launched, the XUV500 will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas in the Indian market.