- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Movies Vikas Gupta Slams Media For Following Deepika Padukone’s Car; Says ‘It Seems You’ll Are High’
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 7: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Predicted XI, Head to head record, India timing, live streamin
- Technology LG Wing Teardown Video Reveals Key Details: Best Dual Screen Phone?
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Force Motors is gearing to introduce the new Gurkha off-road SUV in the Indian market. The company had showcased the new upcoming SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo. The 2020 Gurkha was expected to arrive around this time in the country but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch got postponed.
However, according to the latest report on the Autocar India Forum, the upcoming Force Gurkha has been spotted testing on the Indian roads. As seen in the pictures the Gurkha is being tested without wraps, hence revealing the production-ready version.
The next-gen Force Gurkha showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo came with a host of new changes over the previous model. On the outside, the Gurkha will be getting a wider body and a snorkel air intake which will help with water wading, a new grille redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding and skirts all around the SUV.
The spy images reveal that the Gurkha is being tested on steel wheels, indicating that this could be a lower variant. However, the SUV is expected to get new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
On the inside, the off-roader has been heavily updated and now features a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard. It also features a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well. The updated interiors now feel fresh and offer a pleasant cabin feel.
Mechanically, the new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine found on the previous BS4 models. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces 90bhp of power and 200Nm peak of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox and the power is sent to all four wheels. The new Gurkha will also feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The All-New Force Gurkha
The upcoming all-new Force Gurkha is bigger and broader than the previous model. It will also get a lot of new features and looks absolutely amazing. Once launched, the 2020 Force Gurkha, will primarily rival the next-gen Mahindra Thar, which is also supposed to launch this year.