- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
After this year's Geneva Auto Show was cancelled, organizers have announced that the 2020 New York Auto Show has been rescheduled. The original event was scheduled to take place between 10 and 19 April this year.
The motor show has now been rescheduled and will be open to the public between 28 August and 6 September this year. The event will be open for the media and other journalists on 26 August and 27 August, at the Javits Convention Centre in New York. The show generates over USD 330 million of economic benefits and has had a massive impact on the local and state economies.
Mr Mark Schienberg, the President of the Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association (the organization that owns and operates the New York Auto Show) said, "We are taking this extraordinary step to help protect our attendees, exhibitors and all participants from the Coronavirus."
"For 120 years, 'the show must go on' has been heavily embedded in our DNA, and while the decision to move the show dates didn't come easy, our top priority remains with the health and well-being of all those involved in this historic event. We have already been in communication with many of our exhibitors and partners and are confident that the new dates for the 2020 Show will make for another successful event," he added.
In related news, the 2020 edition of Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has been cancelled and has been rescheduled for 15 August 2021. The event was originally scheduled for 16 August this year.
What makes it really disappointing is that the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance was to celebrate its 70th edition this year. This year's event was to be a milestone and a few special showcases and announcements were expected.
The rescheduled event will remain as planned, with a showcase of past Best of Show winners along with the Stillwater Cove, and special categories that focus on Pininfarina coachwork, among a host of others. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New York Auto Show Rescheduled For August This Year
The Coronavirus pandemic has created a ruckus as far as motoring shows and other events are concerned. With no end in sight, one can only hope that the virus is contained and eradicated soon, and that all things dear to us motorists may resume activity as before.