- 53 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Movies Writer Finds Rare Vintage Pictures And Autographs Of Yesteryear Bollywood Stars In Her Late Aunt’s Album
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
After this year's Geneva Auto Show was cancelled, organizers have announced that the 2020 New York Auto Show has been rescheduled. The original event was scheduled to take place between 10 and 19 April this year.
The motor show has now been rescheduled and will be open to the public between 28 August and 6 September this year. The event will be open for the media and other journalists on 26 August and 27 August, at the Javits Convention Centre in New York. The show generates over USD 330 million of economic benefits and has had a massive impact on the local and state economies.
Mr Mark Schienberg, the President of the Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association (the organization that owns and operates the New York Auto Show) said, "We are taking this extraordinary step to help protect our attendees, exhibitors and all participants from the Coronavirus."
"For 120 years, 'the show must go on' has been heavily embedded in our DNA, and while the decision to move the show dates didn't come easy, our top priority remains with the health and well-being of all those involved in this historic event. We have already been in communication with many of our exhibitors and partners and are confident that the new dates for the 2020 Show will make for another successful event," he added.
In related news, the 2020 edition of Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance has been cancelled and has been rescheduled for 15 August 2021. The event was originally scheduled for 16 August this year.
What makes it really disappointing is that the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance was to celebrate its 70th edition this year. This year's event was to be a milestone and a few special showcases and announcements were expected.
The rescheduled event will remain as planned, with a showcase of past Best of Show winners along with the Stillwater Cove, and special categories that focus on Pininfarina coachwork, among a host of others. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The New York Auto Show Rescheduled For August This Year
The Coronavirus pandemic has created a ruckus as far as motoring shows and other events are concerned. With no end in sight, one can only hope that the virus is contained and eradicated soon, and that all things dear to us motorists may resume activity as before.