- 42 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Technology Tata Sky Offering Discounts On Long Term Broadband Plans
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- News 2020’s most searched Indian politicians
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Tata Motors is said to be working on a new compact-sedan for the Indian market. The new compact-sedan, codenamed 'Goshaq' will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze in the Indian market.
The codename ‘Goshaq' for the upcoming Tata sedan has been inspired from Goshawk, a bird from the raptor family. This is in-line with the company naming their passenger vehicles with bird names. The latest products to feature this unique nomenclature include the Harrier and the Altroz.
According to reports from Team-BHP, the new Tata Goshaq being a sub-4 metre model will be part of the brand's ALFA architecture. This new architecture debuted on the recently launched Altroz premium hatchback. This platform will also be seen next underpinning the HBX micro-SUV, which is expected to go on sale in India in the coming months.
In terms of design, the new Tata sedan could carry forward the latest design language, while also borrowing elements from the Hornbill, Sierra EV Concept and the Altroz as well.
Currently there is no official information regarding the sub-4 metre compact sedan from Tata Motors. There is also no confirmation whether the new model will be the next-generation Tigor or a completely new model altogether.
We however expect it to be an all-new model, which could replace the Tigor sedan. However, with the model still under early stages of development, expect it to be introduced only by around late-2021 or early-2022.
The new Tata compact sedan is expected to be offered with just a petrol engine. This could be the same 1.2-litre unit which currently powers the Altroz. This 1.2-litre three-cylinder engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque. The new compact sedan could also receive the same power and torque outputs, although it will come with the option of both manual and automatic transmission units.
Thoughts On The New Tata Compact-Sedan Currently Under Development
Tata Motors are said to be working on a new compact-sedan for the Indian market. The Tata Tigor has currently been struggling with sales, mainly due to its age. The car did receive a slight facelift recently, but sales still haven't managed to pick up.