- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Here’s Why Aamir Khan Lost Faith In Award Functions; Revealed The Reason Behind Disliking Them
- Sports India Vs Pakistan: Shikhar Dhawan recalls how Pakistani fans sledged him during 2015 World Cup match in Australia
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors is said to be working on a new compact-sedan for the Indian market. The new compact-sedan, codenamed 'Goshaq' will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze in the Indian market.
The codename ‘Goshaq' for the upcoming Tata sedan has been inspired from Goshawk, a bird from the raptor family. This is in-line with the company naming their passenger vehicles with bird names. The latest products to feature this unique nomenclature include the Harrier and the Altroz.
According to reports from Team-BHP, the new Tata Goshaq being a sub-4 metre model will be part of the brand's ALFA architecture. This new architecture debuted on the recently launched Altroz premium hatchback. This platform will also be seen next underpinning the HBX micro-SUV, which is expected to go on sale in India in the coming months.
In terms of design, the new Tata sedan could carry forward the latest design language, while also borrowing elements from the Hornbill, Sierra EV Concept and the Altroz as well.
Currently there is no official information regarding the sub-4 metre compact sedan from Tata Motors. There is also no confirmation whether the new model will be the next-generation Tigor or a completely new model altogether.
We however expect it to be an all-new model, which could replace the Tigor sedan. However, with the model still under early stages of development, expect it to be introduced only by around late-2021 or early-2022.
The new Tata compact sedan is expected to be offered with just a petrol engine. This could be the same 1.2-litre unit which currently powers the Altroz. This 1.2-litre three-cylinder engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque. The new compact sedan could also receive the same power and torque outputs, although it will come with the option of both manual and automatic transmission units.
Thoughts On The New Tata Compact-Sedan Currently Under Development
Tata Motors are said to be working on a new compact-sedan for the Indian market. The Tata Tigor has currently been struggling with sales, mainly due to its age. The car did receive a slight facelift recently, but sales still haven't managed to pick up.