- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Tata Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its popular premium hatchback, the Altroz in the Indian market. The company has released a teaser, which just reads 'Your Santa Altroz Coming Soon'. The company has also announced on its social media pages, that this new variant will go on sale on the 15th of December.
Apart from the teaser and the unveil (launch) date, Tata Motors hasn't revealed any other details on the new Altroz variant. There are reports suggesting it to be the introduction of the turbocharged petrol engine.
However, we expect it could just be a special edition model ahead of the arrival of Christmas. This is considering the red paint scheme on the hatchback in the teaser and the number of ‘Santa' references throughout.
The new special edition Tata Altroz could carry forward the same engine and transmission options as the standard variant. This includes a 1.2-litre NA petrol producing 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. There is also the 1.5-litre diesel engine option churning out 90bhp and 200Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Tata Motors is expected to introduce the Altroz with an all-new powertrain in the near future. This will come in the form of a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol producing 108bhp and 140Nm of peak torque. This engine will be mated either to a five-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit.
Currently, the Tata Altroz is offered in a range of five variants, priced between Rs 5.45 lakh and Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). While prices for the turbo variant could be higher, crossing the Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom) mark.
Thoughts On The New Tata Altroz Variant Launch
Tata Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of their Altroz premium hatchback on the 15th of December 2020. While we expect it to just be a special ‘Christmas' edition variant, more details will be revealed at the time of launch.