- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 3 hrs ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- 3 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Snapped Undisguised: India Launch Expected In The Coming Days
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Dealership Locations Revealed For Pune & Bangalore
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut's Elaborate Kurta Set Is Perfect For Cousin's Engagement Ceremony
- Movies Major Fire Breaks Out On The Sets Of Shivarajkumar Starrer Bhajarangi 2
- Technology New Apple Patent Hints At Touchscreen MacBooks
- News Aadhaar required to get benefits under scheme for civilian victims of terror,communal violence
- Sports After T20, AB de Villiers now wants to return to ODI cricket for South Africa
- Finance Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Cuts Exposure To Vodafone Idea Papers
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Skoda Auto India has released official teaser sketches for the concept version of its upcoming SUV for the Indian market. Called the Skoda Vision IN, the concept SUV is expected to make its first public debut at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo in February.
The first set of teaser sketches released by Skoda showcases the aggressively designed exterior and interiors of the new SUV from the Czech-brand for the Indian market. The model will be positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment, directly rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta.
The sketches of the new Skoda SUV reveals a muscular and rugged looking design, with a large front grille and heavily designed front bumper. The SUV also comes with a very upright and tall look, indicating that it could offer a high seating position for the driver, giving a commanding view of the outside.
The front fascia showcases a large grille with Skoda's signature design, dual-headlamps and large air intakes and scuff plates on the front bumper. The sides and rear profile of the SUV carry forward the sporty theme.
The side profile comes with sharp character and shoulder lines running across the length of the SUV while the rear features a sleek set of LED taillights and roof-mounted spoiler adding to the sporty nature of the SUV.
The new Skoda SUV will be based on Volkswagen's MQB A0 IN platform; the Indian-spec version of their global MQB A0 architecture. The new Skoda SUV will also carry forward the same underpinnings as the upcoming Kamiq SUV from the brand as well.
Moving to the interior design sketches, the new Skoda SUV concept features the same sporty theme as well. The interiors can be seen with a large floating touchscreen display at the centre console, flat-bottom steering wheel and plenty of other design elements as well.
The new Skoda Vision IN Concept once in production is expected to feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 115bhp and 200Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
The Skoda Vision IN Concept once unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo will enter production at a later stage. The production-spec version of the Vision IN is could go on sale in the Indian market sometime in 2021.
Thoughts On The Skoda Vision IN Concept Unveil At 2020 Auto Expo
Skoda is working aggressively to introduce new products in the Indian markets. The company is currently working on introducing the Kamiq SUV in the Indian market. Skoda has also confirmed that once the BS6 emission norms are implemented, the company will discontinue diesel engines altogether.