- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto has silently started accepting official bookings for the 2020 Superb sedan in the Indian market. The 2020 Skoda Superb sedan can be booked for a token amount of Rs 50,000 on the company's official website.
The 2020 Skoda Superb facelift was first unveiled earlier this year at the Auto Expo, held in February. The facelift version of the luxury sedan from the Czech brand comes with a number of subtle cosmetic and features update, compared to the outgoing model. It also features a new BS6-compliant engine as well.
Starting with the most significant update, the engine. The 2020 Skoda Superb facelift is now powered by a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre TSI turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.8-litre TSI unit on the outgoing BS4 model.
The new engine produces 190bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is mated with the standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit. Also going forward, the sedan will be offered with only a petrol engine option, with the diesel being permanently discontinued from the lineup.
The 2020 Superb facelift sedan will be offered in two variants: Laurin & Klement (L&K) and Sportline. Visually, the 2020 Skoda Superb facelift comes with minor updates. This includes the addition of a slightly updated front bumper, refreshed front grille design and the addition of a few chrome elements all around.
The ‘Sportline' variant additionally comes with a contrasting roof, blacked-out grille and ORVMs, different alloy wheel design, all-black interior theme with contrast red stitching.
The interiors of the Superb facelift have also been slightly tweaked, mainly with the addition of new features. These new features on the 2020 Skoda Superb facelift include a virtual cockpit (digital instrument cluster), updated infotainment system, wireless charging and a few others.
The luxury ‘L&K' trim of the 2020 Skoda Superb comes with five paint schemes to choose from. This includes Lava Blue, Moon White, Business Grey, Magic Black and Magnetic Brown. The ‘Sportline' trim is offered in three separate colours: Steel Grey, Moon White and Race Blue.
Skoda will officially launch the 2020 Superb facelift sedan in the Indian market, sometime post the lockdown period. Deliveries of the new sedan will also begin post the official launch in the country.
Thoughts On The 2020 Skoda Superb Facelift Bookings
The Skoda Superb is a popular luxury sedan offering in the India market. The Superb is known for its extensive list of features, combined with strong performing engines. Once launched in India, the 2020 Skoda Superb is expected to be priced slightly higher than its BS4 price tag of Rs 26 lakh, ex-showroom (India).