- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 16 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News NIA takes over probe into assassination of Shaurya Chakra awardee by Khalistan terrorists
- Technology Flipkart Mobile Bonanza 2021 Offers On Narzo 20, Realme 7 Pro, Realme 6 Pro, Realme C3 And More
- Sports Manchester United 1-2 Sheffield United: Burke deals huge blow in Premier League title race
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Skoda Auto has added a new variant to the recently launched Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan in the Indian market, called the Rider Plus. The new Skoda Rapid 'Rider Plus' variant is positioned just above the base-spec 'Rider' trim in the sedan's lineup and is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' variant comes with a host of features and equipment, compared to the base-spec trim. It also comes in a choice of four colour schemes as well. This includes Candy White, Carbon Steel, Brilliant Silver and Toffee Brown.
The new ‘Rider Plus' variant comes with a number of cosmetic updates and a few additional features in the cabin, compared to the base model. Cosmetic updates on the new Skoda Rapid Rider Plus include a black facade of the signature grille, decorative side foils, blacked-out B-pillar and premium chrome garnish around the window-line.
Moving to the interiors, the new Skoda Rapid Rider Plus variant now comes with 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and smart-link connectivity. The interiors of the new Rider Plus variant also features a dual-tone ebony sand cabin, automatic climate control, adjustable headrests, dual airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors and a few others as well.
Similar to the other variants of the Skoda Rapid sedan, the new ‘Rider Plus' trim will also be powered by a single-engine option. This comes in the form of a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine producing 109bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Škoda Auto India said,
"Škoda Auto India recently introduced the new Rapid TSI range of products that now boasts state of the art 1.0 TSI petrol engine offering exceptional power output and excellent fuel economy. An overwhelming response from brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts from across the nation has obligated the Czech marque to push the yardstick further and broaden the Rapid range."
"The Rider Plus offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors and class-leading safety features, at a very competitive price point. It is deemed to be a best seller setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality and spaciousness in its segment."
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' Variant India Launch
The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' variant is the latest addition to the recently introduced sedan in the brand's lineup. The Skoda Rapid in India rivals the likes of the Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and the newly-launched fifth-generation Honda City.