- 6 min ago KTM Duke 390 Engine Case Breaks Open Completely While Riding: Watch Video Here!
- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 4 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- News Himachal Pradesh Power minister Sukh Ram Chaudhary tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies Sameer Sharma Had Shared A Powerful Post On Mental Health After Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Sports Marquez broke arm plate opening window at home
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto has added a new variant to the recently launched Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan in the Indian market, called the Rider Plus. The new Skoda Rapid 'Rider Plus' variant is positioned just above the base-spec 'Rider' trim in the sedan's lineup and is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' variant comes with a host of features and equipment, compared to the base-spec trim. It also comes in a choice of four colour schemes as well. This includes Candy White, Carbon Steel, Brilliant Silver and Toffee Brown.
The new ‘Rider Plus' variant comes with a number of cosmetic updates and a few additional features in the cabin, compared to the base model. Cosmetic updates on the new Skoda Rapid Rider Plus include a black facade of the signature grille, decorative side foils, blacked-out B-pillar and premium chrome garnish around the window-line.
Moving to the interiors, the new Skoda Rapid Rider Plus variant now comes with 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and smart-link connectivity. The interiors of the new Rider Plus variant also features a dual-tone ebony sand cabin, automatic climate control, adjustable headrests, dual airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors and a few others as well.
Similar to the other variants of the Skoda Rapid sedan, the new ‘Rider Plus' trim will also be powered by a single-engine option. This comes in the form of a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine producing 109bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Škoda Auto India said,
"Škoda Auto India recently introduced the new Rapid TSI range of products that now boasts state of the art 1.0 TSI petrol engine offering exceptional power output and excellent fuel economy. An overwhelming response from brand loyalists and auto enthusiasts from across the nation has obligated the Czech marque to push the yardstick further and broaden the Rapid range."
"The Rider Plus offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors and class-leading safety features, at a very competitive price point. It is deemed to be a best seller setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality and spaciousness in its segment."
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' Variant India Launch
The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider Plus' variant is the latest addition to the recently introduced sedan in the brand's lineup. The Skoda Rapid in India rivals the likes of the Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and the newly-launched fifth-generation Honda City.