- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Starrer Good Luck Jerry’s Shoot Disrupted By Protestors In Patiala
- Sports Eden Hazard's story at Real Madrid so far
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Skoda Auto has launched the 2020 Rapid in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid now comes with a petrol-only format and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI unit present on the previous model.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh. This is for the base ‘Rider' variant. The new sedan is offered in a total of five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
All variants will come powered by the 999cc turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine producing 108bhp at 5500rpm and 175Nm of torque at 1750rpm.
Initially, the 2020 Skoda Rapid will be available with a six-speed manual as standard, with the automatic transmission unit being introduced at a later stage.
Skoda also claims that the new Rapid now offers 23 per cent better fuel efficiency and claims an ARAI-certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan was first showcased earlier this year at the Auto Expo, held in February. Apart from the introduction of the new engine, not many changes are expected otherwise. Although, there are a few new features which have been introduced.
Some of the features on offer on the new Skoda Rapid include automatic climate control, eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates with ‘Rapid' inscription, flat-bottom steering wheel, LED lights all around (headlamps, DRLs, fog lamps and taillights), leatherette seat upholstery, cruise control, stylish 16-inch alloy wheels, four airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, and a host of other comfort and safety features.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid is offered in a range of colour options as well, depending on the variant chosen. The paint schemes on offer: Candy White, Carbon Steel, Brilliant Silver, Toffee Brown, Lapiz Blue and Flash Red.
Thoughts On The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-Litre TSI Launched In India
The Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is the latest iteration of the brand's highest-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid in India rivals the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Honda City.