- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Skoda Auto has launched the 2020 Rapid in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid now comes with a petrol-only format and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI unit present on the previous model.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh. This is for the base ‘Rider' variant. The new sedan is offered in a total of five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
All variants will come powered by the 999cc turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine producing 108bhp at 5500rpm and 175Nm of torque at 1750rpm.
Initially, the 2020 Skoda Rapid will be available with a six-speed manual as standard, with the automatic transmission unit being introduced at a later stage.
Skoda also claims that the new Rapid now offers 23 per cent better fuel efficiency and claims an ARAI-certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI sedan was first showcased earlier this year at the Auto Expo, held in February. Apart from the introduction of the new engine, not many changes are expected otherwise. Although, there are a few new features which have been introduced.
Some of the features on offer on the new Skoda Rapid include automatic climate control, eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates with ‘Rapid' inscription, flat-bottom steering wheel, LED lights all around (headlamps, DRLs, fog lamps and taillights), leatherette seat upholstery, cruise control, stylish 16-inch alloy wheels, four airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, and a host of other comfort and safety features.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid is offered in a range of colour options as well, depending on the variant chosen. The paint schemes on offer: Candy White, Carbon Steel, Brilliant Silver, Toffee Brown, Lapiz Blue and Flash Red.
Thoughts On The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-Litre TSI Launched In India
The Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI is the latest iteration of the brand's highest-selling sedan in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid in India rivals the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the Honda City.