- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- Movies Hansika Motwani Recreates Hilarious Meme On Rakhi Sawant From Bigg Boss 14 By Yashraj Mukhate
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Nitish Rana and secret of 'Brown Munde' celebration after 50 for Kolkata Knight Riders
- News Sharad Pawar undergoes gall bladder surgery in Mumbai
- Technology DoT Issues Show-Cause Notice To Vi Over Licence Fee Dues
- Finance Bank Holidays April! Banks to Remain Closed From Tomorrow in These Cities
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The Skoda Octavia has been a popular sedan model in the Indian market. After the implementation of BS6 emission norms, the sedan was temporarily discontinued in the country. However, the company has confirmed that it will be launching the new-gen Octavia sometime early next year.
Ahead of its launch, the 2021 Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing in the outskirts of Pune. Spy images from Cardekho reveal a mule testing without any camouflage showcasing its new and aggressive-looking exterior.
The new Skoda Octavia features new sleek-looking LED headlamps and could feature optional Matrix LED technology. The redesigned grille is now wider and shaper as compared to the old-gen model.
It also features horizontal LED fog lamps on either side along with a thin chrome strip connecting both units. The newly shaped bonnet also gives the new-gen sedan an aggressive stance at the front.
At the rear, the new Octavia undergoes complete design revision with a new sharper-looking boot lid and bold Skoda lettering that spreads across the length of the boot. It also features new split-LED tail lamps and a sculpted bumper with two reflectors placed on either side at the bottom.
Looking from the side of the new-gen Octavia, the silhouette of the sedan looks muscular yet elegant. This is because of the aggressive and bold shoulder line that connects the headlamps and tail lamps along with a chrome-finished window line that gives the new Octavia a premium look.
On the inside, the 2020 Octavia features an all-new cabin. It features a two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls for audio and other functions. The new instrument cluster now features a 10.25-inch display, while the infotainment could range between 8.25-inch and 10-inch screens depending on the variant as seen on international-spec models.
Other features on the 2020 Octavia includes Trizone Climatronic, optional keyless vehicle entry system, electric parking brake, a Canton sound system, five USB-C ports, and an optional head-up display feature, which is a first in Skoda vehicles.
The new-gen Octavia is already on sale in international markets and is offered in two engine options: the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI engines. Both engines could make it to the India-spec model, with lower-spec engine offer with entry-level trims.
The 1.5-litre TSI, four-cylinder, petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec 2.0-litre TSI engine churns out 190bhp and 320Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Skoda Octavia Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year In India
The new-generation Skoda Octavia features a premium and upmarket feel inside and out. The sedan looks more aggressive than the previous-gen model. Once launched, the new Skoda Octavia will rival the Honda Civic and the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market.