- 5 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 6 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 7 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
New Renault and Nissan Compact SUVs to feature sunroof when launched in India. Renault HBC and Nissan EM2 compact SUVs are codenamed as Kiger and Magnite, respectively.
According to Autocar India, the French and the Japanese auto manufacturers are looking to follow the current trend of featuring a sunroof on the compact-SUVs in the country. Having a sunroof in a car provides a spacious and airy feel to the cabin. It is certainly one of the most sought out features in India.
The Kiger and Magnite will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber seven-seater MPV. However, with the tall-riding stance and five seats, the upcoming SUVs is expected to offer a spacious cabin.
Both the manufacturers are expected to equip their upcoming compact-SUVs with all the latest features and technology. These include LED headlamps, 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, faux skid plates and bold shoulder lines to provide a muscular look to the car.
On the inside, The Kiger and Magnite are expected to come equipped with the company's latest smartphone-connected technology paired with a touchscreen infotainment system. Other features expected are: steering-mounted audio controls, automatic climate control, and dual-tone upholstery; among others.
The Renault and Nissan models will be powered by a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine codenamed HR10. It is expected to produce a maximum power output of around 95bhp. The transmission options would include a five-speed manual and a five-speed AMT automatic.
The Nissan Magnite is scheduled to go on sale in May 2020, while the Renault Kiger will follow in July 2020. Once launched, apart from having each other as rivals the Renault and Nissan models will be accompanied by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport in the compact SUV segment In India.
We expect both the upcoming model to be priced aggressively by the company. Featuring a low price tag and premium features such as sunroof will help both models to take on the established rivals in the segment.
Thoughts About The New Renault, Nissan Compact SUVs To Feature Sunroof
Renault and Nissan are looking to Introduce new SUVs in the Indian market to capitalize on the rising demand for tall-riders in the country. We can expect both brands to heavily equip their compact-SUVs with all the bells and whistles. However, the upcoming compact-SUVs are being placed in one of the most competitive segments in the country.