- 3 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 22 hrs ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- Finance Would There Be Saudi Aramco Man On RIL Board?
- Sports Father’s Day: Being a father is by far the greatest joy and blessing: Virat Kohli pens heartfelt message
- News 'Designed to empower social media users': India rejects UNHRC apprehensions over new IT rules
- Movies Vijay Varma Begins Prep For Upcoming Project Opposite Alia Bhatt
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Renault has released a teaser video online of what could be the new concept version of its upcoming Kiger SUV. The new Renault Kiger is said to be the French carmaker's next model in the Indian market.
While the teaser doesn't reveal much details, it does give a hint of being the teaser to the concept version of the Kiger, also codenamed HBC. The Renault Kiger will be the brand's all-new sub-4 metre compact-SUV offering once introduced in the Indian market.
The new Renault Kiger will be based on the brand's CMF-A+ platform, which already underpins the popular Triber MPV. With the release of the teaser, we expect Renault to unveil the concept version of their upcoming SUV soon. The company could even take the opportunity to conform the 'Kiger' name for the SUV, which till now is still under speculation.
The Renault Kiger has been spotted testing multiple times on Indian streets. The compact-SUV offering is said to go on sale sometime after the introduction of its cousin, the Nissan Magnite. The new Kiger SUV is also expected to borrow its powertrain from the Magnite, meaning it too will be powered by the same two petrol engine options.
To reiterate, this comes in the form of a 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. Both engine options will come mated to a standard manual gearbox, with the higher-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit receiving the optional CVT transmission as well.
In terms of design, the new Renault Kiger is expected to offer a host of modern features, equipment and technology. Some of these include LED headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps, LED tail lights, electric sunroof, electrically-adjustable & foldable ORVMs, stylish alloy wheels, roof spoiler and much more.
The interiors of the new Renault Kiger is also expected to offer a host of features, equipment and technology. This will include a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, steering-mounted controls and many others.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Teased
The Renault Kiger was initially scheduled to go on sale earlier this year, however, the lockdown did disrupt its plans. Once launched in the Indian market, the new Renault Kiger compact-SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Kia Sonet and Tata Nexon; among others.