- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- Finance Now You Can Book Special Trains Ticket At Post Office
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The 2020 Renault Captur has been unveiled in the Russian market. The new model is expected to make its way into the Indian market sometime during this year. The 2020 Captur features few changes to the interior and exterior of the SUV and a new engine as well.
Speaking about the changes made to the 2020 Captur, the exteriors of the SUV comes with few cosmetic changes. These include a new chrome grille, new alloy wheels, and a new dual-tone paint scheme. However, the overall silhouette of the SUV has been carried forward on the facelifted model.
The interiors of the Captur receives a substantial upgrade over the pre-facelift model. These include a new three-spoke steering wheel design, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology.
Other features include a gloss-black central panel, a premium Bose audio system, and ambient mood lighting with eight different colours to choose from. The interiors of the new Capture are upgraded in terms of quality and ergonomics to offer an airy and premium feel to the cabin.
The new Renault Captur has also been updated in terms of safety. The upgrades include a new 360-degree camera system for improved visibility, with a blind-spot monitoring function. It will continue to come equipped with other features such as multiple airbags, ABS and EBD, high-speed alert; among others.
The new Russian-Spec Captur features an all-new M0+ platform which underpins the other SUVs sold in their market. However, the India-spec model is not expected to feature any changes with its platform. It will continue to use the brand's M0 platform, which also underpins the most Renault-Nissan model in the Indian market including the Duster and the Kicks.
Talking about the powertrains, the Russian-spec model is offered with two engine options: a 1.6-litre petrol engine that produces 113bhp, and 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 154bhp, and comes mated to a CVT transmission with power sent to all four wheels.
However, the India-spec Captur will be offered with a pair of BS6 compliant petrol engines that powers the Nissan Kicks in the Indian market. A naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 105bhp and 142Nm of torque, and a much powerful 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 254Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard with an optional CVT offered on the 1.3-litre unit.
Once launched, the Renault Captur will rival the Nissan Kicks, the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos; among others in the Indian market. The new Captur is also expected to see a slight increase in its pricing as compared to its BS4 counterparts.
Thoughts About The New Renault Captur Unveiled In The Russian Market
Renault launching the new Captur in the Russian market indicates that the launch in India could happen soon. However, the Captur is placed in a highly competitive segment in the Indian market, with rivals offering more powertrain options and additional features.