- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Mercedes-Benz India has launched two new variants of their GLE SUV in the Indian market, the GLE 450 4MATIC and the GLE 400d 4MATIC. The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC is the new range-topping petrol-powered variant and is priced at Rs 88.80 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 400d 4MATIC is a diesel-powered variant, positioned below the top-spec GLE 400d Hip-Hop Edition. The new Gle 400d is priced at Rs 89.90 lakh, almost Rs 36 lakh more affordable than the top-spec Hip-Hop Edition. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
With the addition of the two new trims, the Mercedes-Benz GLE is now offered in a choice of four variants, starting with the base 300d priced at Rs 73.70 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The newly introduced GLE 450 4MATIC is also the only petrol-powered variant in the model's lineup in the Indian market.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 comes powered by a BS6-compliant 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It produces 367bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, which pair with a 48V mild-hybrid system. The electric motor adds an additional 22bhp and 250Nm of torque. The hybrid powertrain on the new GLE 450 is further mated to a standard 9G-Tronic automatic transmission system.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 400d carries forward the same in-line six-cylinder diesel engine which does duty on the range-topping ‘Hip-Hop Edition'. The engine on the 400d variant also produces the same power and torque figures of 330bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, paired with the same automatic transmission as well.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,
"The new long-wheelbase GLE has already created a benchmark in the luxury SUV segment and we are very satisfied with the customer response. Encouraged by this response we are now introducing petrol and a diesel variant of the GLE LWB."
"The locally-made LWB GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400 d 4MATIC thus make important additions to our GLE SUV range and will further attract customers who seek comfort, luxury and off-roading prowess in their SUV. We are confident that the GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400d 4MATIC will help this SUV retain its top billing in the luxury SUV segment."
"The GLE LWB is an important pillar in our expansive SUV portfolio, leading our product offensive in the SUV segment and it remains Mercedes-Benz's highest selling SUV in India. With the addition of these two new variants, we once again reiterate our customer focus and our commitment to the Indian market."
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV Variants
The Mercedes-Benz GLE which was previously available only in diesel trims now has a petrol-powered variant as well. The Mercedes-Benz GLE in India rivals the likes of the BMW X5, Land Rover Discovery and the Range Rover Sport.