- 4 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Mercedes-Benz India has launched two new variants of their GLE SUV in the Indian market, the GLE 450 4MATIC and the GLE 400d 4MATIC. The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC is the new range-topping petrol-powered variant and is priced at Rs 88.80 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 400d 4MATIC is a diesel-powered variant, positioned below the top-spec GLE 400d Hip-Hop Edition. The new Gle 400d is priced at Rs 89.90 lakh, almost Rs 36 lakh more affordable than the top-spec Hip-Hop Edition. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
With the addition of the two new trims, the Mercedes-Benz GLE is now offered in a choice of four variants, starting with the base 300d priced at Rs 73.70 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The newly introduced GLE 450 4MATIC is also the only petrol-powered variant in the model's lineup in the Indian market.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 comes powered by a BS6-compliant 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol engine. It produces 367bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, which pair with a 48V mild-hybrid system. The electric motor adds an additional 22bhp and 250Nm of torque. The hybrid powertrain on the new GLE 450 is further mated to a standard 9G-Tronic automatic transmission system.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE 400d carries forward the same in-line six-cylinder diesel engine which does duty on the range-topping ‘Hip-Hop Edition'. The engine on the 400d variant also produces the same power and torque figures of 330bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, paired with the same automatic transmission as well.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said,
"The new long-wheelbase GLE has already created a benchmark in the luxury SUV segment and we are very satisfied with the customer response. Encouraged by this response we are now introducing petrol and a diesel variant of the GLE LWB."
"The locally-made LWB GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400 d 4MATIC thus make important additions to our GLE SUV range and will further attract customers who seek comfort, luxury and off-roading prowess in their SUV. We are confident that the GLE 450 4MATIC and the 400d 4MATIC will help this SUV retain its top billing in the luxury SUV segment."
"The GLE LWB is an important pillar in our expansive SUV portfolio, leading our product offensive in the SUV segment and it remains Mercedes-Benz's highest selling SUV in India. With the addition of these two new variants, we once again reiterate our customer focus and our commitment to the Indian market."
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV Variants
The Mercedes-Benz GLE which was previously available only in diesel trims now has a petrol-powered variant as well. The Mercedes-Benz GLE in India rivals the likes of the BMW X5, Land Rover Discovery and the Range Rover Sport.