- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports I knew I wanted to become like Viswanathan Anand: Young Grandmaster and Chess prodigy Praggnanandha
- Movies Four More Shots Please Star Kirti Kulhari Opens Up About Self-Love Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA India launch timeline has been revealed. The upcoming GLA will be an entry-level SUV for the brand when launched during October this year, and will feature a host of changes as compared to the older-gen model.
According to TeamBHP, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz is expected to be priced around Rs 43 lakh once launched in India. The second-generation GLA made its India debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, and it was slated to be launched much earlier. However, the launch has been pushed back as all the production was halted due to the on-going Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown announced in the country.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be offered with two variants, initially. This includes the ‘220d' powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 189bhp, and the ‘200' variant powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 162bhp. The company could consider the all-mighty ‘GLA 35' AMG variant for the Indian market at a later date.
The new-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA retains its silhouette, but it has grown in size. The next-gen GLA features a more upright stance with bold and muscular looks on the outside. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well.
On the inside, the upcoming GLA has been revised with a host of additional features including the brand's MBUX connected technology. Other changes include an all-new cabin with a large single unit display. The display has been split to accommodate the instrument cluster and the infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, It will feature wireless charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, a panoramic sunroof, and Mercedes' Pre-Safe safety package, among a host of other features.
In related news, Mercedes-Benz has teased the S-Class luxury sedan ahead of its global launch. The next-generation S-Class luxury-sedan is expected to launch by next year in the Indian market.
The new-gen S-Class will feature few design changes inside and out including an all-new large waterfall-type infotainment screen on the dashboard. It is also expected to be offered with a host of powertrain options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The New Mercedes-Benz GLA Scheduled For India Launch During October
The upcoming A-Class sedan and the new-gen GLA crossover are the brand's entry-level models in its Indian line-up. With the launch of new entry-level models, the company aims to drive more volumes and win back sales, which it has lost after the discontinuation of the GLA model earlier this year.