- 12 min ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 19 min ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 15 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- Movies Prashanth Neel Reveals Meaning Of Salaar And Why He Chose Prabhas For The Film
- News Maharashtra: NCP wins Aurangabad and Pune graduates' constituencies
- Lifestyle Meet The Bijlees’: An Extensive Guide About Electricity For School Kids
- Technology Micromax IN 1b First Sale Announced; Sale Slated For December 10
- Sports Simon Taufel on banning switch-hit: Impossible to officiate change of grip and stance
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy: MPC Sees Inflation At Elevated Levels
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA India launch timeline has been revealed. The upcoming GLA will be an entry-level SUV for the brand when launched during October this year, and will feature a host of changes as compared to the older-gen model.
According to TeamBHP, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz is expected to be priced around Rs 43 lakh once launched in India. The second-generation GLA made its India debut at the 2020 Auto Expo, and it was slated to be launched much earlier. However, the launch has been pushed back as all the production was halted due to the on-going Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown announced in the country.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be offered with two variants, initially. This includes the ‘220d' powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 189bhp, and the ‘200' variant powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 162bhp. The company could consider the all-mighty ‘GLA 35' AMG variant for the Indian market at a later date.
The new-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA retains its silhouette, but it has grown in size. The next-gen GLA features a more upright stance with bold and muscular looks on the outside. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, tail lamps and a host of other changes as well.
On the inside, the upcoming GLA has been revised with a host of additional features including the brand's MBUX connected technology. Other changes include an all-new cabin with a large single unit display. The display has been split to accommodate the instrument cluster and the infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Additionally, It will feature wireless charging, a multifunctional steering wheel, a panoramic sunroof, and Mercedes' Pre-Safe safety package, among a host of other features.
In related news, Mercedes-Benz has teased the S-Class luxury sedan ahead of its global launch. The next-generation S-Class luxury-sedan is expected to launch by next year in the Indian market.
The new-gen S-Class will feature few design changes inside and out including an all-new large waterfall-type infotainment screen on the dashboard. It is also expected to be offered with a host of powertrain options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The New Mercedes-Benz GLA Scheduled For India Launch During October
The upcoming A-Class sedan and the new-gen GLA crossover are the brand's entry-level models in its Indian line-up. With the launch of new entry-level models, the company aims to drive more volumes and win back sales, which it has lost after the discontinuation of the GLA model earlier this year.