- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki — India's largest car manufacturer is said to be working on the development of a brand-new SUV for the Indian market. According to ET Auto, the new Maruti SUV will be positioned in the mid-size segment, rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
The development of the all-new SUV will be handled by the Maruti Suzuki and Toyota partnership. The new mid-size SUV will be based on the same architecture as the Vitara Brezza and is expected to go on sale in the country sometime in 2022.
Maruti Suzuki has a wide range of products on offer. Apart from a mid-size SUV, the company offers at least one model in every segment of the Indian car market. The new Maruti Suzuki SUV once introduced will be positioned above the Vitara Brezza in the brand's product lineup.
The move to introduce a large mid-size SUV is due to the shift in customer preferences towards SUVs. The Utility Vehicle segment in India has become so important that it is set to overtake the hatchback segment by 2020.
Apart from the all-new mid-size SUV, Maruti Suzuki is also said to be working on a brand new MPV as well. The new MPV will, however, be introduced at a slightly later stage in 2023. Both the upcoming SUV and MPV models will be manufactured at the Toyota facility in Bidadi, Karnataka.
Toyota will also introduce their own iteration of the new SUV and MPV offerings as well. These new models will feature different characteristics, design and features to help differentiate between the two brands.
However, both the SUV and MPV models from Maruti Suzuki are still a long way off. The plans for the SUV are still in its early development stages, with a couple of years left before it enters production. Although, once introduced in the Indian market, expect the new mid-size SUV from Maruti Suzuki to be priced in the same range as its competitors.
Thoughts On The New Maruti SUV Under Development
The mid-size SUV space has been growing at a rapid pace in the country. New products such as the Kia Seltos, MG Hector and even the new Hyundai Creta are witnessing massive volume sales from the segment, something Maruti Suzuki is missing out on.