- 14 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports KKR IPL 2021 Time Table: Kolkata Knight Riders Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- Movies Divya Dutta On Returning To Set After A Long Time: As An Actor, We Can't Have Our Masks On
- News DMK promises Rs 1,000 cash aid for women family heads in Tamil Nadu if voted to power
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52 Retail Box Surfaces Online Ahead Of Launch: Report
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Maruti Suzuki — India's largest car manufacturer is said to be working on the development of a brand-new SUV for the Indian market. According to ET Auto, the new Maruti SUV will be positioned in the mid-size segment, rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.
The development of the all-new SUV will be handled by the Maruti Suzuki and Toyota partnership. The new mid-size SUV will be based on the same architecture as the Vitara Brezza and is expected to go on sale in the country sometime in 2022.
Maruti Suzuki has a wide range of products on offer. Apart from a mid-size SUV, the company offers at least one model in every segment of the Indian car market. The new Maruti Suzuki SUV once introduced will be positioned above the Vitara Brezza in the brand's product lineup.
The move to introduce a large mid-size SUV is due to the shift in customer preferences towards SUVs. The Utility Vehicle segment in India has become so important that it is set to overtake the hatchback segment by 2020.
Apart from the all-new mid-size SUV, Maruti Suzuki is also said to be working on a brand new MPV as well. The new MPV will, however, be introduced at a slightly later stage in 2023. Both the upcoming SUV and MPV models will be manufactured at the Toyota facility in Bidadi, Karnataka.
Toyota will also introduce their own iteration of the new SUV and MPV offerings as well. These new models will feature different characteristics, design and features to help differentiate between the two brands.
However, both the SUV and MPV models from Maruti Suzuki are still a long way off. The plans for the SUV are still in its early development stages, with a couple of years left before it enters production. Although, once introduced in the Indian market, expect the new mid-size SUV from Maruti Suzuki to be priced in the same range as its competitors.
Thoughts On The New Maruti SUV Under Development
The mid-size SUV space has been growing at a rapid pace in the country. New products such as the Kia Seltos, MG Hector and even the new Hyundai Creta are witnessing massive volume sales from the segment, something Maruti Suzuki is missing out on.