- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Maruti Suzuki has restarted both production and dealership operations in the Indian market, post the lockdown relaxations by the government. The company is now getting back into the business and is all set to introduce the BS6-compliant S-Cross in India.
Maruti had recently released a set of teasers of the upcoming S-Cross in the Indian market. The 2020 Maruti S-Cross will continue to be sold through the brand's premium NEXA dealerships across the country.
Ahead of its launch, Zigwheels has revealed a host of information about the upcoming S-Cross petrol model. To start off, the 2020 Maruti S-Cross petrol is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in early-June. Bookings for the 2020 S-Cross has unofficially begun in certain dealerships, for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries of the new Maruti S-Cross petrol will begin, post the launch.
Once launched in India, the new Maruti S-Cross will come with a single petrol engine offering. This will be in the form of the 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit producing 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque. This engine also powers other Maruti Suzuki products such as the Ciaz, Ertiga and the XL6; among a few others.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine will replace the old Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre diesel unit on the outgoing Maruti S-Cross. The new petrol-powered S-Cross will also come with a choice of either a manual or automatic transmission unit. This will be the first time the S-Cross will get an automatic gearbox, since its launch in the country.
Other details disclosed in the report are the variants. The new Maruti S-Cross petrol is said to be available in three variants: Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The ‘Delta' variant will replace the ‘Sigma' as the new base-spec trim in the model lineup. The 2020 Maruti S-Cross petrol is expected to come with a starting price of Rs 9.90 lakh, ex-showroom.
Apart from the major mechanical changes, the 2020 Maruti S-Cross is expected to remain unchanged. The 2020 S-Cross petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo, held in February this year.
Thoughts About The 2020 Maruti S-Cross Petrol
The Maruti S-Cross was the first model to be part of the brand's premium NEXA showrooms. The crossover has gained popularity over time and the availability of a petrol-powered version is sure to attract more customers as well.