- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing another compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki compact-SUV will be positioned below the brand's current Vitara Brezza offering in the same segment.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
According to reports from Livemint, the new Maruti compact-SUV has been codenamed ‘YTB'. The car is also internally referred to as the ‘sister-car' of the Baleno. This is because reports suggest that the new compact-SUV will be based on the same platform as the brand's Baleno premium hatchback. The new Maruti Baleno-based SUV will use the same strategy as the Ertiga-XL6 pairing.
With the Maruti Suzuki Baleno sold via the brand's premium NEXA dealership, we expect its ‘sister-car', the upcoming compact-SUV to be available via the Maruti Suzuki Arena network. However, prices for the new compact-SUV will be slightly higher than the premium hatchback.
Reports also suggest that the introduction of a second compact-SUV offering in the Maruti Suzuki lineup will help the brand regain the lost market shares. The compact-SUV segment is one of the most competitive categories in the Indian four-wheeler market, with almost every manufacturer trying to enter the space.
While the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza remained the undisputed king of the segment for quite a while, fresh competition from Hyundai and Kia have caused Maruti to slide down the rankings.
Hyundai recently even became the highest-selling UV manufacturer in the Indian market, due to the immense success of its Venue and Creta offerings. While the Kia Sonet overtook the Maruti Vitara Brezza, to become the best-selling compact-SUV on more than one occasion.
Maruti Suzuki will be hoping that the new compact-SUV offering in the market, will help it regain the lost market share, while also offering more competition in the segment. However, there are currently no details of the upcoming model in the Indian market.
Given that the new Maruti compact-SUV is based on the Baleno premium hatchback, we can expect it to carry forward the same engine options as well. The new compact-SUV could also borrow a few components, features and equipment from the Baleno as well.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki Compact-SUV Based On The Baleno
There is currently no timeline on the launch of the new compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki. However, once introduced the company will be expecting the same kind of success as their Ertiga-XL6 pairing in the Indian market.