- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News West Bengal Elections 2021: Mamata says BJP more dangerous than Maoists
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Finance SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank In RBI's Too Big To Fail Lenders List Of 2020
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on introducing another compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki compact-SUV will be positioned below the brand's current Vitara Brezza offering in the same segment.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
According to reports from Livemint, the new Maruti compact-SUV has been codenamed ‘YTB'. The car is also internally referred to as the ‘sister-car' of the Baleno. This is because reports suggest that the new compact-SUV will be based on the same platform as the brand's Baleno premium hatchback. The new Maruti Baleno-based SUV will use the same strategy as the Ertiga-XL6 pairing.
With the Maruti Suzuki Baleno sold via the brand's premium NEXA dealership, we expect its ‘sister-car', the upcoming compact-SUV to be available via the Maruti Suzuki Arena network. However, prices for the new compact-SUV will be slightly higher than the premium hatchback.
Reports also suggest that the introduction of a second compact-SUV offering in the Maruti Suzuki lineup will help the brand regain the lost market shares. The compact-SUV segment is one of the most competitive categories in the Indian four-wheeler market, with almost every manufacturer trying to enter the space.
While the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza remained the undisputed king of the segment for quite a while, fresh competition from Hyundai and Kia have caused Maruti to slide down the rankings.
Hyundai recently even became the highest-selling UV manufacturer in the Indian market, due to the immense success of its Venue and Creta offerings. While the Kia Sonet overtook the Maruti Vitara Brezza, to become the best-selling compact-SUV on more than one occasion.
Maruti Suzuki will be hoping that the new compact-SUV offering in the market, will help it regain the lost market share, while also offering more competition in the segment. However, there are currently no details of the upcoming model in the Indian market.
Given that the new Maruti compact-SUV is based on the Baleno premium hatchback, we can expect it to carry forward the same engine options as well. The new compact-SUV could also borrow a few components, features and equipment from the Baleno as well.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Suzuki Compact-SUV Based On The Baleno
There is currently no timeline on the launch of the new compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki. However, once introduced the company will be expecting the same kind of success as their Ertiga-XL6 pairing in the Indian market.