- 36 min ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 45 min ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 2 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021: Big blow for Delhi Capitals as Anrich Nortje tests COVID-19 positive
- Movies Prabhas Releases Radhe Shyam Poster On The Same Day He Visited Chandigarh On Baisakhi Four Years Ago
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- News Russia, India committed to S-400 missile deal
- Technology Vivo V21 With 44MP OIS Super Night Selfie Camera Launching Soon: What To Expect?
- Finance Gold Hallmark Mandatory From June 1; Things To Know Before Buying
- Lifestyle Your Stylish Summer Saree Looks Ft. Fatima Sana Shaikh, Rubina Dilaik, And Mithila Palkar
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Maruti Suzuki is said to have postponed the launch of the next-generation Celerio hatchback in the Indian market. The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback was initially expected to go on sale during the festivities of Diwali this year.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
As per reports from Autocar India, the launch has now been postponed to early-2021. The hatchback has been spied multiple times testing on the Indian streets, with the new-generation version being a much-anticipated model. According to the reports, the reason for Maruti Suzuki rescheduling the launch of the next-generation Celerio was due to a delay from their supplier's end.
The updates to the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is said to be on the lines of a significant overhaul and not just limited to a minor facelift. The new-generation Celerio then will come with a completely new design, more in line with the brand's latest styling philosophy.
The new Celerio hatchback is also expected to be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform, which also underpins other models such as the WagonR and Swift. This will help make the new-gen Celerio lose weight, while also offering more robust underpinnings. The Celerio could also come with larger overall dimensions, translating to better interior space as well.
Talking about the interiors, the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to receive a completely new cabin layout. The hatchback will also feature a new instrument cluster, added features and will also come with a large infotainment unit equipped with Maruti Suzuki's latest-gen SmartPlay Studio system with smartphone connectivity.
Maruti Suzuki is also said to be offering the next-generation Celerio with two petrol engine options. Both of which will be carried over from the WagonR, which includes the 1.0-litre unit churning out 63bhp and the larger 1.2-litre K-Series engine producing 83bhp. Both engines will be mated to a five-speed manual, with the higher variants also receiving the optional AMT transmission.
Thoughts About The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Hatchback Launch Timeline
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback will come with a significant number of updates, which will make it a more attractive offering in the segment. The current-gen Celerio currently rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago, Ford Figo and the Hyundai Santro in the market.