- 3 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Maruti Suzuki is said to have postponed the launch of the next-generation Celerio hatchback in the Indian market. The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback was initially expected to go on sale during the festivities of Diwali this year.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
As per reports from Autocar India, the launch has now been postponed to early-2021. The hatchback has been spied multiple times testing on the Indian streets, with the new-generation version being a much-anticipated model. According to the reports, the reason for Maruti Suzuki rescheduling the launch of the next-generation Celerio was due to a delay from their supplier's end.
The updates to the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is said to be on the lines of a significant overhaul and not just limited to a minor facelift. The new-generation Celerio then will come with a completely new design, more in line with the brand's latest styling philosophy.
The new Celerio hatchback is also expected to be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform, which also underpins other models such as the WagonR and Swift. This will help make the new-gen Celerio lose weight, while also offering more robust underpinnings. The Celerio could also come with larger overall dimensions, translating to better interior space as well.
Talking about the interiors, the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to receive a completely new cabin layout. The hatchback will also feature a new instrument cluster, added features and will also come with a large infotainment unit equipped with Maruti Suzuki's latest-gen SmartPlay Studio system with smartphone connectivity.
Maruti Suzuki is also said to be offering the next-generation Celerio with two petrol engine options. Both of which will be carried over from the WagonR, which includes the 1.0-litre unit churning out 63bhp and the larger 1.2-litre K-Series engine producing 83bhp. Both engines will be mated to a five-speed manual, with the higher variants also receiving the optional AMT transmission.
Thoughts About The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio Hatchback Launch Timeline
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio hatchback will come with a significant number of updates, which will make it a more attractive offering in the segment. The current-gen Celerio currently rivals the likes of the Tata Tiago, Ford Figo and the Hyundai Santro in the market.