- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on the new-generation Celerio hatchback for the Indian market. The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to feature a completely new design, updated interiors and a host of new features and equipment.
According to reports from Autocar India, the new-generation Celerio will go on sale in the Indian markets sometime around Diwali 2020. Reports also state that the hatchback will come with a completely refreshed design, without being limited to just a minor facelift.
This includes increased dimensions, completely fresh design both on its exterior and interior, host of new features and equipment and updated mechanicals as well. The hatchback has been spied testing multiple times on Indian streets and is expected to go on sale very soon.
The hatchback will also be the latest model from Maruti Suzuki to adopt the brand's ‘Heartect' platform, which also underpins the WagonR. Also, similar to the WagonR, the new-generation Celerio will also come with the brand's latest Smart Play Studio infotainment system; among a host of other equipment.
The new-generation Maruti Celerio could also be offered with two engine options, similar to the WagonR. This includes a BS6 1.0-litre petrol unit and a slightly more powerful 1.2-litre petrol engine as well. Power and torque figures will be identical to the WagonR hatchback. The new Celerio will also be offered with a choice of either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic transmission.
The current-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been on sale in the Indian market since 2014. The hatchback is part of the brand's entry-level offerings and is offered with a price tag ranging between Rs 4.46 lakh to Rs 5.73 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new-generation Celerio, however, will come with premium pricing. Although information about the new Maruti Celerio is scarce, with all the updates, we expect the prices for the new-gen hatchback to start from Rs 5.50 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio India Launch
The new-generation Maruti Celerio is expected to receive a number of significant updates over the current model. Once the new-gen hatchback is launched, it will rival the likes of the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Santro and the likes.