- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Mahindra has announced that the launch of their two upcoming SUVs, the next-generation XUV500 and Scorpio has been postponed. The launch of the next-generation XUV500 and Scorpio SUVs has now been deferred to the next financial year (FY 2021-22).
The new-generation Scorpio and XUV500 SUVs have been spied testing in the Indian market multiple times in the past. Mahindra was initially expected to introduce the two SUVs in the country later this year. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, Mahindra has decided to reschedule the launch of the next-gen XUV500 and next-gen Scorpio to next year.
The confirmation came through Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra during the announcement of the financial results of the company during Q4 of FY2020. Mahindra suffered a massive loss worth Rs 3,255 crore during the January-March 2020 period — here are the details.
Talking about the new-generation Mahindra XUV500, the SUV will come with a monocoque chassis, while also being part of an all-new platform. Mahindra will also introduce the new-gen XUV500 with a new 2.0-litre mStallian turbo-petrol engine and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them will come with the choice of either manual or automatic transmission units.
The new-generation Mahindra Scorpio will receive an updated version of its ladder-frame chassis. The new-gen Scorpio will carry forward the sameBS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel unit, powering the current model. However, the new Scorpio will receive a new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol once introduced in India.
Both SUVs will come with a host of updates and changes. This includes significant changes to its design, both on the exterior and interior. The next-generation versions of both the SUVs will also come with a host of features and new equipment as well.
The announcement of the delay in the launch of the new-generation XUV500 and Scorpio SUVs, comes post similar news for the upcoming Thar as well. However, Mahindra confirmed that the new Thar will be launched this year, sometime in early-October — here are the details.
Thoughts About The New-Generation Mahindra Scorpio & XUV500
Mahindra has been affected severely by the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown, which lasted close to two months in India. The company is taking several steps in its road to recovery, including the postponement of multiple products in the Indian market.