- 9 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 14 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: What to look out for on July 25
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
Mahindra will be launching the next-generation model of the XUV500 sometime next year. The company is currently testing the SUV and has been several times in the country. The latest set of spy images reveals the upcoming XUV500's interiors.
A video shot by Royal Rider reveals the interiors of the 2021 XUV500. The video reveals the several features of the SUV including the driver's cockpit with two large displays for instrument console and touchscreen infotainment system. Both screens are expected to be connected via a single panel giving it a modern look.
Other features that were revealed in the video include the newly designed centre console, that now houses new ac vent design for rear passengers. The test mule also seems to feature a panoramic sunroof, which is expected to be tinted and electrically operated.
The new-generation model will continue to feature a seven-seat configuration, which includes a bench-type unit in the middle-row. The video also reveals the boot space of the car with the third-row folded down.
Based on the video, we expect the next-gen XUV500 to feature larger boot with all-row seats in use. The current-gen model features a very small and impractical boot with the row seat in use. However, the third-row on the new XUV500 will continue to get a 50:50 split to increase the boot space and also ac fan speed control as well.
It also reveals the multifunction flat-bottom setting with mounted controls on either side. The control could be reserved to access certain features in the infotainment system and instrument cluster respectively. It will also feature buttons for telephonic operations such as to receive and end calls; among others.
Moving to the central console, we also noticed a climate control system that has received a complete redesign. It now features a more traditional design of having two dials on either side with a host of buttons in the middle. The button clustered console design on the current-gen has been removed.
From the previous spy images, the 2021 XUV500 is expected to come packed with several other features on the centre console including a rotatory dial, electronic parking brake and a start/stop button; among others. While the rotary dial on the centre console is speculated to be a drive mode selector, it could also be an alternate input for the touchscreen infotainment system.
The exterior design of 2021 XUV500 is also expected to receive a few updates from the company. It is expected to continue its Cheetah-inspired silhouette that gives the SUV an aggressive stance.
However, the bonnet, doors, bumpers and tailgate are expected to undergo design revisions to give the SUV a fresh look. The upcoming SUV is also expected to be offered with a Level 1 Autonomous technology with (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assisted System.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
The current-gen Mahindra XUV500 is almost a decade old design since 2011. The company has given a few facelifts during its lifetime, however, the SUV is due for a major upgrade. As a result, the interiors of the 2021 Mahindra XUV500 is getting a complete overhaul from the current-gen model's layout.