- 6 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- News Tamil Nadu transport employees to go on strike from today; 80 per cent govt bus services to be affected
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's New Look For The Cop Film Is Out; Pictures Win The Internet!
- Sports IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Axar Patel slices through England as India shine in day-night Test
- Lifestyle Your Wednesday Fashion Roundup Ft. Warina Hussain, Alaya F, And Nikki Tamboli
- Finance Finance Minister Lifts Embargo On Private Banks For Govt. Businesses
- Education CSBC Bihar Constable Admit Card 2021 Released At csbc.bih.nic.in
- Technology Airtel Forays Into Advertising Business; Launches Adtech Platform
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most highly anticipated product launches this year. The next-gen off-roader has been in the testing phase for more than a year. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the year. However, it has been delayed due to ongoing pandemic.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, Mahindra will finally unveil the 2020 Thar on August 15 in India. On the occasion of Independence Day, the company will host an online event for the unveiling.
Most product launches have become a digital event owning to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The current need for social distancing has forced manufacturers to unveil or launch their products digitally adopting the new normal.
Mahindra is expected to offer the new-generation Thar with both diesel and petrol engine options. This includes an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. For the first time, It will also be receiving an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The soon-to-be-launched SUV features several design changes inside and out. This includes an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top. It is also expected to feature five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres with 255/65 R18 profile.
On the Inside, It will feature a host of new equipment including a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system.
Some of the other features that have been revised and revealed include a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats, and a folding key fob; among others.
The new-gen Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as compared to the older-gen model. The standard safety net is expected to include an ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert and more.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Scheduled To Unveil On August 15
Mahindra has finally decided to pull the covers on the 2020 Thar. The company has picked the Indian independence day to mark the special occasion in the country. As mentioned before, the next-generation Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated vehicle. With all the new changes, it is expected to a premium offering as compared to the previous-generation model.