- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 14 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most highly anticipated product launches this year. The next-gen off-roader has been in the testing phase for more than a year. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the year. However, it has been delayed due to ongoing pandemic.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, Mahindra will finally unveil the 2020 Thar on August 15 in India. On the occasion of Independence Day, the company will host an online event for the unveiling.
Most product launches have become a digital event owning to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The current need for social distancing has forced manufacturers to unveil or launch their products digitally adopting the new normal.
Mahindra is expected to offer the new-generation Thar with both diesel and petrol engine options. This includes an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. For the first time, It will also be receiving an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The soon-to-be-launched SUV features several design changes inside and out. This includes an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top. It is also expected to feature five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres with 255/65 R18 profile.
On the Inside, It will feature a host of new equipment including a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system.
Some of the other features that have been revised and revealed include a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats, and a folding key fob; among others.
The new-gen Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as compared to the older-gen model. The standard safety net is expected to include an ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert and more.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Scheduled To Unveil On August 15
Mahindra has finally decided to pull the covers on the 2020 Thar. The company has picked the Indian independence day to mark the special occasion in the country. As mentioned before, the next-generation Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated vehicle. With all the new changes, it is expected to a premium offering as compared to the previous-generation model.