- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Mahindra & Mahindra has unveiled the all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market. The new (2020) Mahindra Thar now comes with a number of updates to its exterior design, revamped interior and a host of features and equipment as well.
The new (2020) Mahindra Thar will be available in two variants: AX series and LX series. The AX series is the more adventure-oriented version, while the LX series is the more tarmac-oriented variant. Mahindra has confirmed that the all-new Thar will go on sale in the Indian market on the 2nd of October, with official bookings said to begin on the same date itself.
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M Ltd., stated:
"The All-New Thar will enhance the appeal of a brand that is already a cult, to a wider set of consumers. It will target people who seek extraordinary journeys and wish to Explore the Impossible. The All-new Thar will be launched on 2nd of October, 2020 which is also our Founders Day"
The new (2020) Thar will be available in a range of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Pawan Goenka, MD & CEO, M&M Ltd said,
"Today, with the unveiling of the All-New Thar, we rewrite history once again. The All-New Thar is firmly rooted in our rich automotive heritage and upholds the Mahindra DNA in its purest form."
"We are proud of our authentic SUV legacy that has been guarding the freedom of this nation by serving the armed forces since the 1950s, while simultaneously becoming the spirit of adventure and a lifestyle icon. The All-New Thar is a dynamic expression of fun, freedom and independence, and is geared up for its next adventure".
Talking about the exterior design, the new Thar carries forward the same silhouette as its previous version, however, it does come with a number of updates. These revisions help the SUV feel more modern and more premium than before.
Some of the updates include a new front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. The new Thar for the first time features the option of having a hard-top, an optional soft-top or a first-in-class convertible top as well.
Moving inside, the new cabin on the 2020 Mahindra Thar now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transverse case, roof-mounted speakers and much more.
The new Thar also comes with two seating configurations, this includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant chosen.
The all-new Mahindra Thar once introduced in India, will be available in a choice of six colour options: Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Aquamarine, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Galaxy Grey.
Thoughts On The All-New (2020) Mahindra Thar
The Mahindra Thar has become an iconic SUV in the Indian market, mainly due to its extreme off-road capabilities and go-anywhere nature. The new (2020) model is aimed to build on this while also expanding the target audience with a host of comfort and convenience features and equipment as well.