- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK coach Fleming confirms Bravo will miss few more games
- News Ruckus in Rajya Sabha after government pushes for passage of farm bills
- Movies Tamil Nadu Child Marriage Case: Khushbu Sundar Requests Smriti Irani & WCD Ministry's Attention
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Lifestyle The Correct Order Of Applying Hair Products
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra & Mahindra has unveiled the all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market. The new (2020) Mahindra Thar now comes with a number of updates to its exterior design, revamped interior and a host of features and equipment as well.
The new (2020) Mahindra Thar will be available in two variants: AX series and LX series. The AX series is the more adventure-oriented version, while the LX series is the more tarmac-oriented variant. Mahindra has confirmed that the all-new Thar will go on sale in the Indian market on the 2nd of October, with official bookings said to begin on the same date itself.
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M Ltd., stated:
"The All-New Thar will enhance the appeal of a brand that is already a cult, to a wider set of consumers. It will target people who seek extraordinary journeys and wish to Explore the Impossible. The All-new Thar will be launched on 2nd of October, 2020 which is also our Founders Day"
The new (2020) Thar will be available in a range of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Pawan Goenka, MD & CEO, M&M Ltd said,
"Today, with the unveiling of the All-New Thar, we rewrite history once again. The All-New Thar is firmly rooted in our rich automotive heritage and upholds the Mahindra DNA in its purest form."
"We are proud of our authentic SUV legacy that has been guarding the freedom of this nation by serving the armed forces since the 1950s, while simultaneously becoming the spirit of adventure and a lifestyle icon. The All-New Thar is a dynamic expression of fun, freedom and independence, and is geared up for its next adventure".
Talking about the exterior design, the new Thar carries forward the same silhouette as its previous version, however, it does come with a number of updates. These revisions help the SUV feel more modern and more premium than before.
Some of the updates include a new front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. The new Thar for the first time features the option of having a hard-top, an optional soft-top or a first-in-class convertible top as well.
Moving inside, the new cabin on the 2020 Mahindra Thar now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transverse case, roof-mounted speakers and much more.
The new Thar also comes with two seating configurations, this includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant chosen.
The all-new Mahindra Thar once introduced in India, will be available in a choice of six colour options: Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Aquamarine, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Galaxy Grey.
Thoughts On The All-New (2020) Mahindra Thar
The Mahindra Thar has become an iconic SUV in the Indian market, mainly due to its extreme off-road capabilities and go-anywhere nature. The new (2020) model is aimed to build on this while also expanding the target audience with a host of comfort and convenience features and equipment as well.