- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch: Video & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz Diesel Model Prices Slashed Across Select Variants: New Price List
- 6 hrs ago First 2020 Mahindra Thar Off-Road SUV To Be Auctioned For Charity: Here Are All Details
- Sports IPL 2020: RR vs CSK: Hopefully can put on a good show and get campaign off to a good start: Royals skipper Steve Smith
- Finance SBI Answers Questions On COVID-19 Related Loan Restructing
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Her Badminton Days: 'No Late Nights, No TV, No Movies'
- News Govt hikes wheat MSP by Rs 50 to Rs 1,975 per quintal to placate angry farmers
- Lifestyle 6 Tips For Raising An Independent Child
- Technology Tata Sky Offering Landline Services With Broadband Plans; Should You Buy?
- Education NLAT 2020 Cancelled And Admission Through CLAT Exam: Supreme Court
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra will unveil the 2020 Thar on August 15 to the world. The company has finally decided to pull the covers on the next-generation off-road SUV. It has undergone extensive testing for over a year and is among the most spied vehicle in the country.
However, fresh spy images of the upcoming Thar are still being circulated as the unveil date nears. The latest spy images from Rushlane, reveal a couple of hard roof-top and soft-top test mules.
The images also reveal a partially-covered interior of the upcoming off-road SUV. On a closer look, we could spot the new driver assistance features such as the (HDC) Hill Decent Control and (TCS) Traction Control System.
Buttons to operate both the driver assistance functions are placed on the right side of the new multifunction steering wheel. Apart from this, we could also spot a large touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Some of the other features that are expected on the 2020 Thar are forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console. It will also come equipped with a climate control system with circular air-con vents, an updated instrument cluster with a digital MID placed in the centre.
As seen from the previous spy images, the 2020 Thar features a new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top and a new five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar will be based on a new platform that currently underpins the TUV300 Plus and the Scorpio models in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will have a bigger footprint as compared to the current-gen model.
The 2020 Thar will be offered with a petrol engine and an options automatic transmission option as well. Under the bonnet, the upcoming Thar SUV is expected to be offered with two new engines.
A 2.2-litre, BS6 compliant turbo-diesel unit that is expected to produce around 140bhp and 300Nm torque and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine will churn out 187bhp and 380Nm torque.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox. As mentioned before it will be offered with an optional torque converter unit. The automatic variant could also feature a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Spotted Testing Ahead Of Unveil
Mahindra has chosen the Indian Independence day to unveil the 2020 Thar and mark the special occasion. The next-gen Thar will feature a host of upgrades over its previous-gen model inside and out. Additionally, it will also be a more practical vehicle offering more space and convenient features such as an optional automatic transmission; among others.