- 5 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 22 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 24 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Terror groups in Pakistan switch to new messaging apps developed by Turkish company
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Sports Galle Test: Joe Root slams second consecutive ton against Sri Lanka, sends strong message to Indian bowlers
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Mahindra will unveil the 2020 Thar on August 15 to the world. The company has finally decided to pull the covers on the next-generation off-road SUV. It has undergone extensive testing for over a year and is among the most spied vehicle in the country.
However, fresh spy images of the upcoming Thar are still being circulated as the unveil date nears. The latest spy images from Rushlane, reveal a couple of hard roof-top and soft-top test mules.
The images also reveal a partially-covered interior of the upcoming off-road SUV. On a closer look, we could spot the new driver assistance features such as the (HDC) Hill Decent Control and (TCS) Traction Control System.
Buttons to operate both the driver assistance functions are placed on the right side of the new multifunction steering wheel. Apart from this, we could also spot a large touchscreen infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Some of the other features that are expected on the 2020 Thar are forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console. It will also come equipped with a climate control system with circular air-con vents, an updated instrument cluster with a digital MID placed in the centre.
As seen from the previous spy images, the 2020 Thar features a new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top and a new five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar will be based on a new platform that currently underpins the TUV300 Plus and the Scorpio models in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will have a bigger footprint as compared to the current-gen model.
The 2020 Thar will be offered with a petrol engine and an options automatic transmission option as well. Under the bonnet, the upcoming Thar SUV is expected to be offered with two new engines.
A 2.2-litre, BS6 compliant turbo-diesel unit that is expected to produce around 140bhp and 300Nm torque and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine will churn out 187bhp and 380Nm torque.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox. As mentioned before it will be offered with an optional torque converter unit. The automatic variant could also feature a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Spotted Testing Ahead Of Unveil
Mahindra has chosen the Indian Independence day to unveil the 2020 Thar and mark the special occasion. The next-gen Thar will feature a host of upgrades over its previous-gen model inside and out. Additionally, it will also be a more practical vehicle offering more space and convenient features such as an optional automatic transmission; among others.