- 14 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most highly anticipated vehicle launch this year. The next-gen off-roader has created huge anticipation and hype in the market. Mahindra will finally take the covers of the new Thar on Indian Independence day.
The new-gen offroader has been in the testing phase for more than a year. It was expected to arrive much earlier in the market. However, the launch was delayed owing to the ongoing pandemic.
According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, the engine and transmission specs of the upcoming Thar has been leaked ahead of unveil. Mahindra is expected to offer the new-generation Thar with both diesel and petrol engine options.
It will retain the old diesel unit which will now be updated to meet BS6 standards. The 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine is expected to produce around 140bhp and 300Nm torque. Along with the diesel engine, it will also come equipped with a 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp and 380Nm of torque.
The rumour reports also suggest that both engines will be offered with manual and automatic transmission options. These are expected to be a six-speed manual gearbox with low-ratio as standard and torque converter unit.
We already know that the new Thar will be offered with a factory-fitted hard-top. However, the reports suggest that the off-road SUV will be offered with soft-top and hard-top options in both petrol and diesel models as well.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar will be based on a new platform using the brand Gen3 chassis that currently underpins the other models in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will have a bigger footprint as compared to the previous model. We expect the chassis to be reinforced to handle the new powerful petrol unit.
The 2020 Thar will feature a new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top and a new five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres.
From the previous spy images, we noticed the next-generation SUV featuring a large touchscreen infotainment display. It is expected to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The images also revealed the upcoming two-door SUV to feature climate control, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted control, and circular air-con vents with carbon-fibre like finish around it.
Some of the other features that are expected on the 2020 Thar are forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console and a new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials with a digital display placed in the centre. The new interiors will also feature soft-touch materials placed across the cabin.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Engine & Transmission Specs Leaked Ahead Of Unveil
Mahindra aims to target a wider audience with the new-gen Thar. With features like the petrol engine and the torque converter automatic, the company also aims to sell the off-road SUV as a premium offering, unlike its predecessor models. The 2020 Thar will feature a host of upgrade on inside to enhance the look and feel of the cabin.