- 5 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 9 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Mahindra recently confirmed that they will be introducing the new-generation Thar off-roader in the Indian market sometime during August this year. The next-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to come with a host of features, equipment and also feature an updated set of powertrain options as well.
More recent reports also confirmed that the new-generation Thar once launched in India will be available with an automatic transmission option. The iconic off-roader has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. However, the latest spy video of the Thar by Roads & Rants/YouTube showcases the upcoming Thar with an automatic transmission.
The video also showcases the interior cabin of the new Thar, which although camouflaged, reveals a number of features and equipment as well. Starting off with the cockpit, the new-generation Mahindra Thar now comes with steering-mounted controls, this could be to either control the audio and/or cruise control settings.
The central console of the dashboard on the upcoming Thar can be seen with a large infotainment system. This will come in the form of a touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features expected on the upcoming Thar SUV include automatic climate control, MID on the instrument cluster and even a retractable hardtop roof as well.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is also expected to feature forward-facing rear seats for the first time, along with a host of safety equipment as well. This includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking camera/sensors and many more.
Once launched in India, the new-generation Mahindra Thar will come powered by a choice of either a petrol or diesel engine option. This includes an updated version of the same 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 140bhp.
The petrol engine comes in the form of a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit churning out close to 180bhp. Both engines will come mated to either a standard manual gearbox or an optional automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Diesel-Automatic Variant Spied Testing In India
The Mahindra Thar has gained an iconic status in the Indian market, mainly because of its off-roading capabilities. The new Thar is currently one of the most-awaited SUVs in the country and is said to attract a huge number of customers at the time of launch.