- 34 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News India-China face off: Military commander level talks tomorrow
- Sports Espargaro to replace Alex Marquez at Honda, Crutchlow out
- Movies Akshara Gowda Repents Doing Thuppakki, Says Any Girl Would Regret That Role!
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mahindra recently confirmed that they will be introducing the new-generation Thar off-roader in the Indian market sometime during August this year. The next-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to come with a host of features, equipment and also feature an updated set of powertrain options as well.
More recent reports also confirmed that the new-generation Thar once launched in India will be available with an automatic transmission option. The iconic off-roader has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. However, the latest spy video of the Thar by Roads & Rants/YouTube showcases the upcoming Thar with an automatic transmission.
The video also showcases the interior cabin of the new Thar, which although camouflaged, reveals a number of features and equipment as well. Starting off with the cockpit, the new-generation Mahindra Thar now comes with steering-mounted controls, this could be to either control the audio and/or cruise control settings.
The central console of the dashboard on the upcoming Thar can be seen with a large infotainment system. This will come in the form of a touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features expected on the upcoming Thar SUV include automatic climate control, MID on the instrument cluster and even a retractable hardtop roof as well.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is also expected to feature forward-facing rear seats for the first time, along with a host of safety equipment as well. This includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking camera/sensors and many more.
Once launched in India, the new-generation Mahindra Thar will come powered by a choice of either a petrol or diesel engine option. This includes an updated version of the same 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 140bhp.
The petrol engine comes in the form of a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit churning out close to 180bhp. Both engines will come mated to either a standard manual gearbox or an optional automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Diesel-Automatic Variant Spied Testing In India
The Mahindra Thar has gained an iconic status in the Indian market, mainly because of its off-roading capabilities. The new Thar is currently one of the most-awaited SUVs in the country and is said to attract a huge number of customers at the time of launch.