- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra will be launching the new Thar on October 2, 2020, in India. The company will be announcing the prices and begin to accept bookings for the updated offroader on the same day. The company recently launched a teaser video confirming the news.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has received a whole host of updates from the company and now becomes an urban-SUV as well. It features a new exterior design with a larger footprint along with heavily updated interiors.
The highlight of the new-gen SUV has to be its updated powertrain options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The updated Mahindra Thar off-road SUV will be available in two variants: AX and LX. The AX variant will cater to those hardcore off-road enthusiasts with very less electronics assistance. While the top-spec LX variants will come with an updated electronics package catering to a general audience in the market.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. For the first time, the company is also providing the offroader with a factory-fitted hard-top.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The company is also offering the new Thar also comes with various seating configurations. This includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
In related news, the company has now announced that the first example of the off-road SUV will be put for auction. The first SUV will be sold to the highest bidder in the country. Mahindra will then match the bid amount and donate it to various relief funds that are helping the country recover during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic — here are all details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed
The Mahindra Thar has always been a simple and versatile off-road SUV offering maximum value for money. With all the new updates, it is expected to receive a premium over its previous-gen model. Whether it will continue to offer the same value for money despite the updates remains to be seen.