- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Mahindra has been working on the next-generation version of the Thar for quite a while now. The 2020 Mahindra Thar has been caught testing on multiple occasions across India and was initially expected to be unveiled at the Auto Expo, held in February this year. However, this did not happen and rumours now suggest that the new-generation off-roader is now expected to be unveiled by the year-end.
Ahead of its unveil and subsequent launch, the new-generation Mahindra Thar has been spied testing yet again recently, post the ease in lockdown regulations amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. This time though, the spy pics of the test mule of the new Thar by Rushlane was spotted on the streets of Tamil Nadu alongside the Mahindra Atom Quadricycle.
The Mahindra Atom Quadricycle, which was spied can also be seen covered in camouflage, similar to the Thar test mule. Both models seem to be in their near-production ready formats. While the 2020 Mahindra Thar is yet to be updated, the carmaker has already taken the wraps off the Atom Quadricycle. The electric quadricycle was part of the long lineup of products from Mahindra unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Mahindra Atom comes with an electric powertrain with not more than 20bhp and a top speed of 70km/h. Once introduced in the Indian market, the quadricycle will take on the likes of the petrol-powered Bajaj Qute.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar, on the other hand, will receive significant changes overall. This includes a brand new platform and underpinnings. The new Thar will also come with a significant number of changes and updates to its design, offering a modern look, while retaining the iconic styling.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be introduced with both petrol and diesel units. The engines will further come mated to either a manual or automatic transmissions as well. The 2020 Thar is one of the three models from Mahindra expected to receive a generation update, the remaining two being the XUV500 and the Scorpio.
Both these models have also been testing in India for a while, with the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 being spied recently — here are the details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar & Atom Quadricycle In India
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is one of the most-anticipated SUV offerings in the Indian market. The Mahindra Atom Quadricycle, on the other hand, will be introduced as a commercial transport vehicle, similar to its petrol-powered rival, the Bajaj Qute.