- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Mahindra has been working on the next-generation version of the Thar for quite a while now. The 2020 Mahindra Thar has been caught testing on multiple occasions across India and was initially expected to be unveiled at the Auto Expo, held in February this year. However, this did not happen and rumours now suggest that the new-generation off-roader is now expected to be unveiled by the year-end.
Ahead of its unveil and subsequent launch, the new-generation Mahindra Thar has been spied testing yet again recently, post the ease in lockdown regulations amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. This time though, the spy pics of the test mule of the new Thar by Rushlane was spotted on the streets of Tamil Nadu alongside the Mahindra Atom Quadricycle.
The Mahindra Atom Quadricycle, which was spied can also be seen covered in camouflage, similar to the Thar test mule. Both models seem to be in their near-production ready formats. While the 2020 Mahindra Thar is yet to be updated, the carmaker has already taken the wraps off the Atom Quadricycle. The electric quadricycle was part of the long lineup of products from Mahindra unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Mahindra Atom comes with an electric powertrain with not more than 20bhp and a top speed of 70km/h. Once introduced in the Indian market, the quadricycle will take on the likes of the petrol-powered Bajaj Qute.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar, on the other hand, will receive significant changes overall. This includes a brand new platform and underpinnings. The new Thar will also come with a significant number of changes and updates to its design, offering a modern look, while retaining the iconic styling.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be introduced with both petrol and diesel units. The engines will further come mated to either a manual or automatic transmissions as well. The 2020 Thar is one of the three models from Mahindra expected to receive a generation update, the remaining two being the XUV500 and the Scorpio.
Both these models have also been testing in India for a while, with the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 being spied recently — here are the details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar & Atom Quadricycle In India
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is one of the most-anticipated SUV offerings in the Indian market. The Mahindra Atom Quadricycle, on the other hand, will be introduced as a commercial transport vehicle, similar to its petrol-powered rival, the Bajaj Qute.