- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mahindra has launched the much-awaited all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. The 2020 Thar is available in three variants with prices starting at Rs 9.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The company has begun accepting booking for the 2020 Thar across India and deliveries will start from November 1, 2020.
The 2020 Thar AX & AX (O) series retails between Rs 9.80 lakh and Rs 12.20 lakh. While the top-spec LX series costs between Rs 12.49 lakh and Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices mentioned are (ex-showroom, India).
The new Mahindra Thar is offered in six colour options. Test drives for the all-new Thar will start from today in a phase-wise manner at select cities across the country.
The Thar AX series will cater to off-road enthusiasts who are looking for a bare-bone SUV with minimum electronic assistance. While the LX will cater to the remaining audience who would want to use the SUV every day, making it the ultimate urban cruiser.
The next-generation Thar features an all-new design along with a host of equipment giving the SUV an upmarket feel. Additionally, it also receives new powertrains. The company has added a new petrol engine along with the existing diesel engine on the new-gen off-road SUV. It includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque. Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Mahindra is offering the Thar AX series with both engine options paired to a manual transmission. The automatic transmission options are offered only on the top-spec LX series. However, the LX variant misses out on manual transmission with a petrol engine configuration.
The company is also offering the new Thar in various seating configurations. It includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, 18-inch wheels and tail lamps. For the first time, the company is also providing the off-roader with a factory-fitted hardtop.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The 2020 Thar comes packed with a host of safety features. This includes dual airbags at the front, roll-over mitigation control, hill hold assist, hill descent control, ABS with EBD and more.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Launched in India
Mahindra has launched the 2020 Thar in the Indian market at attractive pricing. It is also offering convenient automatic transmission options for customers looking to use the off-roader every day. We expect the 2020 Mahindra Thar to register impressive sales for the brand in the coming months.