- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Mahindra is working on introducing its next-generation Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The new-generation Mahindra Scorpio has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions ahead of its launch in 2021.
Note: Images are of the current model, used for representational purposes only.
Now, reports from Motoroids suggest that the new-gen Scorpio SUV is expected to launch between April and June 2021. The Scorpio SUV will follow the launch of the new-gen XUV500, which is scheduled to launch sooner.
The new-generation Mahindra Scorpio as mentioned before has been spotted on many occasions, undergoing extensive testing all around India. The new-gen SUV will come with a number of updates, including significant design changes, a host added features and equipment, both inside and out.
The new-gen Scorpio is also expected to feature larger overall dimensions, translating to more cabin space. The new SUV will also feature LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lights, squared wheel arches with a newly-designed set of alloy wheels.
The interiors of the Mahindra Scorpio is also set to get a complete overhaul, with a brand new dashboard layout. The SUV is expected to feature a large 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The SUV is also expected to feature a digital instrument cluster, climate control, wireless charging and many others as well.
The new-generation Scorpio will carry the same underpinnings as the new Thar. The SUV will also be powered by the same petrol and diesel engine options as the off-roader. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and a 2.2-litre diesel unit churning out 160bhp. Both engines will come mated to a choice of both manual and automatic transmission options.
Mahindra recently trademarked 'ScorpioN', which could be the nameplate for the upcoming model. The SUV is one of the brand's best-selling models in the Indian market, bringing in high-volume sales month-on-month.
Thoughts On The New-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Launch Timeline
The Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular offerings in the Indian market. The SUV has been on sale in India for quite a while and has undergone a number of updates and revisions. The 2021 Scorpio will, however, be the most significant update for the model.