- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India: Priced At Rs 19,999
- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Production Ready Model Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 15 hrs ago Independence Day: Here Are The Top-Five Famous ‘Made-In-India’ Cars Till Date
- News Independence Day Celebrations 2020 LIVE Updates: Modi set to hoist Tiranga from historic Red Fort
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam In Critical Condition: Ilaiyaraaja, AR Rahman & Others Wish A Speedy Recovery
- Technology Amazon Clearance Sale 2020: Up to 60% Offer On Headphones, Speakers And More
- Sports Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich: Bundesliga champions obliterate dismal Blaugrana to book semifinal spot
- Finance SEBI Imposes Fine On SBI, LIC, BoB For Not Complying With Mutual Fund Norms
- Lifestyle Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Land Rover India has launched its new (2020) Discovery Sport in the market. The new Land Rover Discovery Sport is offered with a starting price of Rs 57.06 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new 2020 Discovery Sport now comes with a number of new features and equipment, while still retaining the similar silhouette from the previous generations.
The new Land Rover Discovery Sport now comes with a brand-new platform, called Premium Transverse Architecture (PTA). The new platform has been carried over from the recently introduced Evoque offering from the brand.
With the Discovery Sport now underpinned by a new platform, there is a very minor change in its dimensions as well. The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport is now taller by 3mm and 7mm shorter in length.
Other exterior differences between the old SUV and the new Discovery Sport are the new set of LED headlamps with redesigned LED DRLs, new LED taillights and re-worked front and rear bumpers.
Moving inside, the new Land Rover Discovery Sport now features a fully-digital instrument cluster, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility and another screen for the climate controls.
The new (2020) Discovery Sport new also comes with a brand-new steering wheel, with feature-touch mounted controls, wireless charging, 4G Wifi-hotspot, massaging functions on the front seats, powered tailgate, adaptive cruise control, lane-keep and warning assist, JLR's ClearSight GroundView Camera and a host of others.
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport is offered in two variants: S and R-Dynamic SE. Both variants are offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engines; both of which are compliant with the latest BS6 emission regulations.
This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 177bhp and 430Nm of peak torque. The petrol unit, on the other hand, comes in the form of again, a 2.0-litre unit producing 245bhp and 365Nm of peak torque. Both engines are JLR's Ingenium units and come mated to a standard nine-speed automatic transmission unit.
Land Rover will offer the new Discovery Sport in a range of six colour options: Fuji White, Firenze Red, Santorini Black, Eiger Grey, Byron Blue and Portofino Blue.
Thoughts On The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport India Launch
The Land Rover Discovery Sport is a luxurious alternative to the Germans in the Indian premium SUV segment. The British brand is known for combining luxury and driving capabilities in their products. The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport in India continues to rival the likes of the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Mercedes-Benz GLC.