- 5 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 23 Highlights: Captain Kavita Saves Eijaz And Nominates Aly For Eviction
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Kia Motors India has launched the 2020 Seltos SUV with a host of new updates and added equipment. The new (2020) Kia Seltos now comes with a host of updates to both its exterior and interior, along with the addition of new safety equipment and connected technology as well.
The new (2020) Kia Seltos SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 9.89 lakh for the base-spec variant, while the top-spec is offered at Rs 17.34 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Seltos also carries forward the same basic trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line. Both of them are further offered in a range of variants, depending on the engine and transmission options on offer.
Starting off with the exterior updates, all variants of the Kia Seltos now come with a host of new features and added equipment. This includes a dual muffler design and a new dual-tone Orange/White paint scheme. The dual muffler design was previously available only on the HTX, HTX+, GTX and GTX+ variants. Now the feature has been introduced on the mid-spec HTK+ as well.
New features on the interiors include a dual-tone option with sunroof and silver garnish on the FACC (fully-automated climate control) system. Other features such as the rear USB charger, metal scuff plates, leatherette gear knob, black leatherette interiors, front tray USB charger have now been added onto mid-spec variants; previously available only on certain top-spec trims only.
The top-spec variants of the Tech-Line (HTX and HTX+) and GT-Line (GTX and GTX+) now comes with a host of added features on its UVO connected technology as well. This includes voice assist command with wake up ‘Hello Kia', smart-watch app connectivity, control air purifier, voice assist cricket score and voice assist Indian holiday info.
Kia Motors has also added Smart-Key Remote Engine Start feature as standard across all automatic variants of the Seltos. The company has also introduced the Emergency Stop Signal as standard across all variants as well.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the 2020 Kia Seltos continues to remain unchanged. It carries forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options, which have been BS6-compliant right from the time of launch.
To reiterate, the Kia Seltos comes powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 115bhp and 144Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre diesel unit churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. There is also a more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol unit which produces 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual, with varying automatic transmission options including a CVT, IVT and a 7-speed DCT as well.
Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"The Seltos marked the arrival of the Kia brand in India. It laid a strong foundation for Kia in the country and as a vehicle; it has been a true game-changer in the Indian automobile industry."
"With the refreshed Seltos, Kia Motors India makes India's favourite SUV even more attractive with new features and options. The Seltos enabled us to address all the unmet needs of the segment, and with the next-gen technology in the refreshed Seltos, we are confident that we will deliver customer delight that is unparalleled."
"The refreshed Seltos is the result of a deep understanding of the Indian automotive market, and our customers' desires and requirements, and we are confident it will continue to win hearts for Kia in India."
Thoughts On The 2020 Kia Seltos Updates Introduced
The Kia Seltos was initially launched in the Indian market back in August 2019 and since then has received an overwhelming response in the country. The Kia Seltos has been the best-selling SUV in the country since the start of 2020 and now with the added features, the company has made it even more attractive.