- 8 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Kia Motors India has launched the 2020 Seltos SUV with a host of new updates and added equipment. The new (2020) Kia Seltos now comes with a host of updates to both its exterior and interior, along with the addition of new safety equipment and connected technology as well.
The new (2020) Kia Seltos SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 9.89 lakh for the base-spec variant, while the top-spec is offered at Rs 17.34 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Seltos also carries forward the same basic trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line. Both of them are further offered in a range of variants, depending on the engine and transmission options on offer.
Starting off with the exterior updates, all variants of the Kia Seltos now come with a host of new features and added equipment. This includes a dual muffler design and a new dual-tone Orange/White paint scheme. The dual muffler design was previously available only on the HTX, HTX+, GTX and GTX+ variants. Now the feature has been introduced on the mid-spec HTK+ as well.
New features on the interiors include a dual-tone option with sunroof and silver garnish on the FACC (fully-automated climate control) system. Other features such as the rear USB charger, metal scuff plates, leatherette gear knob, black leatherette interiors, front tray USB charger have now been added onto mid-spec variants; previously available only on certain top-spec trims only.
The top-spec variants of the Tech-Line (HTX and HTX+) and GT-Line (GTX and GTX+) now comes with a host of added features on its UVO connected technology as well. This includes voice assist command with wake up ‘Hello Kia', smart-watch app connectivity, control air purifier, voice assist cricket score and voice assist Indian holiday info.
Kia Motors has also added Smart-Key Remote Engine Start feature as standard across all automatic variants of the Seltos. The company has also introduced the Emergency Stop Signal as standard across all variants as well.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the 2020 Kia Seltos continues to remain unchanged. It carries forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options, which have been BS6-compliant right from the time of launch.
To reiterate, the Kia Seltos comes powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 115bhp and 144Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre diesel unit churning out 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. There is also a more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol unit which produces 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. All three engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual, with varying automatic transmission options including a CVT, IVT and a 7-speed DCT as well.
Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"The Seltos marked the arrival of the Kia brand in India. It laid a strong foundation for Kia in the country and as a vehicle; it has been a true game-changer in the Indian automobile industry."
"With the refreshed Seltos, Kia Motors India makes India's favourite SUV even more attractive with new features and options. The Seltos enabled us to address all the unmet needs of the segment, and with the next-gen technology in the refreshed Seltos, we are confident that we will deliver customer delight that is unparalleled."
"The refreshed Seltos is the result of a deep understanding of the Indian automotive market, and our customers' desires and requirements, and we are confident it will continue to win hearts for Kia in India."
Thoughts On The 2020 Kia Seltos Updates Introduced
The Kia Seltos was initially launched in the Indian market back in August 2019 and since then has received an overwhelming response in the country. The Kia Seltos has been the best-selling SUV in the country since the start of 2020 and now with the added features, the company has made it even more attractive.