- 11 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 12 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 14 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 17 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Kia Motor India has been working on introducing a new compact-SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. Now, the company has confirmed that the concept version of the brand's new compact-SUV will be unveiled at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its unveiling at the 2020 Auto Expo, the new Kia compact-SUV design sketches have been released by the brand. The design sketches give us a first glimpse of the upcoming compact-SUV currently being worked on by the South Korean car manufacturer.
As seen from the design sketches, the new Kia compact-SUV sporty appearance. The front-end features the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, flanked by its LED headlamps on either side. The headlamp unit also comes with an integrated LED DRLs. The front bumper features sporty and angular cuts and creases and also houses the fog lamps and a skid plate.
The side and rear profile also carry forward the sporty theme with extended wheel arches, housing stylish alloy wheels. The side profile can also be seen with red accents, running along the lower part of the doors, similar to that on the GT-line of the Seltos. The rear profile comes with sleek LED taillights, with an LED strip running across the width of the boot lid.
While the compact-SUV will be showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo, the new model has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Codenamed, the QYI, the compact-SUV from Kia Motors India could most-likely be based on the Hyundai Venue SUV and might even share components.
Engine-wise, we can expect the new Kia compact-SUV to feature the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine from the Hyundai Venue. Although exact power and torque figures will be unveiled at a later stage.
Kia Motors at the time of its entry to the Indian market announced that they are planning to introduce a new model every six months. While the first model, the Seltos became a huge success in the Indian market, their second product the Carnival MPV is a more premium offering.
The new compact-SUV could be the South Korean brand's third product in the country, however, there is no official information at this time. Kia is currently busy working on launching the Carnival MPV in the Indian market, which is expected to go on sale soon.
Thoughts On The New Kia Compact-SUV For India
Kia Motors India hit the jackpot with their Seltos SUV in the Indian market, when it launched in August 2019. The company is now looking to build on the success in the SUV segment, with a more affordable compact-SUV offering. Although launch details of the new model are yet unknown, it will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza once on sale in the market.