- Technology List Of Best 6000 mAh Battery Smartphones For Students Under Rs. 10,000
- News Maharashtra's first Omicron case patient discharged from hospital after testing negative
- Movies West Side Story Movie Review: Steven Spielberg’s First Musical Is A Spectacular Revival With Few Missteps
- Sports ISL: HFC vs BFC, Highlights: Hyderabad pile further misery on Bengaluru with clinical win
- Lifestyle COVID-19: India Adds Ghana And Tanzania To List Of 'At-Risk' Countries
- Finance The Best Interest Rates Paid By Payments Banks In India
- Education General Bipin Rawat: Some Lesser Known Facts About India’s First CDS
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Aizawl
Jeep is rumoured to introduce its Compass facelift SUV in the Indian market on the 23rd of January 2021. According to a Team-BHP forum post, ahead of the launch, certain dealers in Mumbai and Bangalore have also started accepting unofficial bookings for the Compass facelift SUV.
The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV was showcased at the 2020 Guangzhou International Motor Show earlier this year. The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV receives a number of subtle yet significant updates over the outgoing model, both to its exterior and interiors.
Starting off with the exterior design, the new Compass facelift comes with a slightly reworked set of front LED headlamp units. Jeep has also tweaked the front grille, although it still carries forward the signature seven-vertical slats. The new Compass facelift SUV also comes with reworked front bumpers with new housing for the fog lamps and a newly designed air intake at the centre.
The side and rear profiles, however, remain pretty similar to each other. However, it does come with a new set of alloy wheels, slightly tweaked taillights and faux skid plate as well.
The interiors are where the new Jeep Compass the most significant updates have been made. The new facelift SUV comes with a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a more premium dashboard with soft-touch material all around, climate control, leather-wrapped steering with mounted controls, wireless charging, electric sunroof, digital instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, however, the new Jeep Compass facelift will remain unchanged. The 2021 facelift SUV will carry forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options from the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp and 250Nm of peak torque.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual. The petrol gets an optional seven-speed DCT automatic while the diesel engine is mated to an optional nine-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The New Jeep Compass Facelift SUV India Launch Date
The Jeep Compass has been on sale in India since 2017 and has been the brand's best-selling model. However, apart from the variant edition, the SUV hasn't received any update till now. Once the new facelift is introduced, the SUV will rival the likes of the upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the Volkswagen T-Roc.