- 12 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Technology Poco M3 India Launch Date Set For February 2
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Jeep India is all set to introduce its new Compass facelift SUV in the country in the coming weeks. The company recently confirmed that the new Compass facelift will be unveiled in India on the 7th of January 2021.
Ahead of its India debut, the first official teaser of the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift SUV has been released on the brand's website. The teaser image of the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift showcases the SUV in a new green paint scheme.
Apart from the new colour option, the facelift version is also expected to feature a number of exteriors and interior updates.
Talking about the updates, the new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with an updated seven-slat grille with chrome inserts, the SUV also features sleeker-looking LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, updated front and rear bumpers and a revised LED tail light cluster.
The main updates, however, are on the interiors with the Compass facelift now sporting a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It features Jeep's UConnect5 technology as well.
Other highlights on the Compass facelift SUV also include a new steering wheel with mounted controls, digital instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, wireless charging, cruise control, panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, 360-degree camera and a bunch of others as well.
Mechanically, the new Jeep Compass facelift will carry forward the same petrol and diesel engine options as the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 163bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, paired with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit producing 172bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2021 Jeep Compass facelift was first unveiled at the Guangzhou International Motor Show. While Jeep has confirmed the India debut of the new Compass facelift on the 7th of January, official bookings are yet to begin.
However, as per our earlier reports, certain dealers have started accepting unofficial bookings, with a rumoured India launch on the 23rd of January. Once introduced in India, the new Jeep Compass facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Volkswagen T-Roc, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta; among others.
Thoughts On the New (2021) Jeep Compass Facelift SUV
The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to come priced at a slight premium compared to its outgoing model. However, the SUV will be better equipped to take on its rivals in the segment.