- News Captain Singh set to resign from Congress: New party may be named The Punjab Lok Congress
- Sports Harmanpreet Kaur to captain a side in FairBreak's Invitational T20 Tournament next year
- Finance Residential vs Commercial: Where To Invest For Rental Income?
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor On Shooting For Helen Remake: We Had One Schedule Which Broke Me Physically & Mentally
- Technology Huawei FreeBuds 4i TWS Earbuds With 10 Hours Battery, ANC Goes Official In India; Price, Sale & Offers
- Education DUET Answer Key 2021 Released By NTA For MPhil, PhD Exams, Raise Objections Till October 27
- Lifestyle New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
Jeep India is all set to introduce its new Compass facelift SUV in the country in the coming weeks. The company recently confirmed that the new Compass facelift will be unveiled in India on the 7th of January 2021.
Ahead of its India debut, the first official teaser of the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift SUV has been released on the brand's website. The teaser image of the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift showcases the SUV in a new green paint scheme.
Apart from the new colour option, the facelift version is also expected to feature a number of exteriors and interior updates.
Talking about the updates, the new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with an updated seven-slat grille with chrome inserts, the SUV also features sleeker-looking LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, updated front and rear bumpers and a revised LED tail light cluster.
The main updates, however, are on the interiors with the Compass facelift now sporting a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It features Jeep's UConnect5 technology as well.
Other highlights on the Compass facelift SUV also include a new steering wheel with mounted controls, digital instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, wireless charging, cruise control, panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, 360-degree camera and a bunch of others as well.
Mechanically, the new Jeep Compass facelift will carry forward the same petrol and diesel engine options as the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 163bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, paired with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit producing 172bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2021 Jeep Compass facelift was first unveiled at the Guangzhou International Motor Show. While Jeep has confirmed the India debut of the new Compass facelift on the 7th of January, official bookings are yet to begin.
However, as per our earlier reports, certain dealers have started accepting unofficial bookings, with a rumoured India launch on the 23rd of January. Once introduced in India, the new Jeep Compass facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Volkswagen T-Roc, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta; among others.
Thoughts On the New (2021) Jeep Compass Facelift SUV
The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to come priced at a slight premium compared to its outgoing model. However, the SUV will be better equipped to take on its rivals in the segment.