- 15 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 19 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 110 ABS Model Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 65,920
- 20 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: Comes Slideways Ready!
- News TN polls: AIADMK seals poll pact with BJP, gives Kanyakumari LS seat; 20 assembly segments
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Reveals Her Birthday Wish; 'Want To Win Our The Ones Than Need To Be Won Over Through My Work'
- Technology Poco M3 Review: Got The Substance?
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Virender Sehwag's ruthless 35-ball 80* guides India Legends to big win
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Jeep has been working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its popular Compass SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. The new Jeep Compass seven-seater is said to go on sale sometime in 2021 and will feature a number of changes and updates over its standard five-seater sibling.
Now, Overdrive has released spy pics of the upcoming seven-seater Compass SUV. The images reveal a heavily camouflaged Jeep Compass 7-seater undergoing testing on Indian streets.
As seen from the new set of spy pics, the rear part of the 7-seater Compass test mule seems to have been heavily reworked. The rear part now comes with a new set of wheel arches, more exaggerated than on the standard SUV.
The 7-seater version also now comes with a new D-pillar and a rear quarter glass as well. Jeep could also slightly rework the rear profile of the SUV, to better match the increased dimensions and the overall look of the extended 7-seater version.
The front of the test mule has been heavily camouflaged, which could indicate a significant update to the front end. This could mean that the 7-seater Jeep Compass could feature a new set of LED headlamps, front grille, bumper and bonnet design.
In terms of dimensions, we do expect the wheelbase of the seven-seater Compass SUV to be slightly increased as well. This will help improve space for the third-row seating. However, these details are yet to be officially confirmed.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Jeep Compass 7-seater is expected to carry forward the same 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic transmission.
For the petrol-powered SUV, reports suggest that the company could be considering introducing the brand's international-spec 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. This unit produces 130bhp when mated to a six-speed manual and churns out 150bhp when offered with a seven-speed DCT automatic.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV Spy Pics
The Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV will be the next product from the American brand in the country. Once launched in India, the new 7-seater Compass SUV will take on the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour; to name a few.