- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 16 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 19 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 21 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Delhi unlock: Restaurants to reopen with 50 pc capacity; malls, markets to open daily, says Kejriwal
- Movies 7 Years Of Kiara Advani: From MS Dhoni To Kabir Singh, Celebrating The Different Facades Of Her Versatility
- Finance FPIs Investment: Indian Markets Receives Rs 13,424 Cr In June So Far
- Sports Rumour Has It: PSG still interested in Hakimi amid Chelsea contact, Bernardo Silva wants Man City exit
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 Launch Speculated: Everything You Need To Know
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Jeep has been working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its popular Compass SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. The new Jeep Compass seven-seater is said to go on sale sometime in 2021 and will feature a number of changes and updates over its standard five-seater sibling.
Now, Overdrive has released spy pics of the upcoming seven-seater Compass SUV. The images reveal a heavily camouflaged Jeep Compass 7-seater undergoing testing on Indian streets.
As seen from the new set of spy pics, the rear part of the 7-seater Compass test mule seems to have been heavily reworked. The rear part now comes with a new set of wheel arches, more exaggerated than on the standard SUV.
The 7-seater version also now comes with a new D-pillar and a rear quarter glass as well. Jeep could also slightly rework the rear profile of the SUV, to better match the increased dimensions and the overall look of the extended 7-seater version.
The front of the test mule has been heavily camouflaged, which could indicate a significant update to the front end. This could mean that the 7-seater Jeep Compass could feature a new set of LED headlamps, front grille, bumper and bonnet design.
In terms of dimensions, we do expect the wheelbase of the seven-seater Compass SUV to be slightly increased as well. This will help improve space for the third-row seating. However, these details are yet to be officially confirmed.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Jeep Compass 7-seater is expected to carry forward the same 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic transmission.
For the petrol-powered SUV, reports suggest that the company could be considering introducing the brand's international-spec 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. This unit produces 130bhp when mated to a six-speed manual and churns out 150bhp when offered with a seven-speed DCT automatic.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV Spy Pics
The Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV will be the next product from the American brand in the country. Once launched in India, the new 7-seater Compass SUV will take on the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour; to name a few.