- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 2 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 3 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 3 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Sports Vijay Hazare QF: Panchal century takes Gujarat to semi-finals
- News Kerala elections 2021: Times Now-C-Voter opinion poll suggests LDF likely to 82 seats
- Movies Nani Hikes His Remuneration, Charges Rs 14 Crore For Upcoming Films?
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Education CEED Result 2021: IIT Bombay To Release CEED Result At ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Jeep has officially unveiled the much-awaited Compass facelift at the 2020 Guangzhou Auto Show in China. The company showcased both standard and the Trailhawk variant of the updated Jeep Compass at the expo.
The 2021 Jeep Compass comes with a whole host of updates inside and out as part of its mid-life facelift from the company. The facelifted Compass features a new front bumper with the same seven-box grille finished in chrome.
The new bumper features a larger air dam that now runs across the length from end-to-end. The fog lamp housing has also been updated and is now integrated to the lower grille of the bumper. The headlamps of the 2021 Jeep Compass looks slimmer with integrated LED DRLs, making for an aggressive and sleek looking front-end design.
The changes on the side profile of the SUV includes an all-new alloy wheel design along with black cladding around the SUV, which gives the new Compass a butch look. At the rear, the facelifted SUV remains the same.
The overall silhouette of the SUV has not been changed from the outgoing model. However, the length and height of the Compass facelift have increased by 29mm and 17mm, respectively. The wheelbase remains the same at 2636mm.
The 2021 Compass has received prominent upgrades to its interior from the company. This includes an all-new 12.3-inch free-floating touchscreen infotainment unit that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology. It will be powered by the brand's new UConnect 5 operating system.
The interior of the new Compass now has a dual-tone look, which could be offered only on higher-spec trims of the SUV. Other upgrades a 10.25-inch fully digital instrument cluster, a head-up display, and a premium sound system from Beats, wireless smartphone charger; among others.
The company had also showcased the off-road biased variant of the Jeep Compass called the Trailhawk. It too features a host of exterior updated including a blacked-out front grille, red&black coloured decal on the bonnet, front tow hooks and more. Much like the standard variant, the 2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk's ground clearance has been increased.
The 2021 Compass facelift has not undergone any mechanical changes. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 160bhp and 250Nm of torque, and a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with petrol engine and a nine-speed torque converter unit offered with diesel units.
Owing to the rising demand for the turbo-petrol engines, the company could bring the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit from international-spec models along with the 2021 Jeep Compass in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The 2021 Jeep Compass Globally Unveiled
The 2021 Jeep Compass features fresh design up-front along with a substantial upgrade to its interiors, giving the SUV a new look and host of new features. Once launched, the 2021 Jeep Compass will continue to rival the Kia Seltos, the Hyundai Creta, the Volkswagen T-Roc, the MG Hector and the Skoda Karoq.