- 50 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 54 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: Aaron Finch satisfied with make up of his team ahead of ODI series opener
- Technology Constitution Day Quiz 2020: Everything You Need To Know
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage In July
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Hyundai has unveiled the 2021 Kona Electric globally. The 2021 Kona EV features an all-new design along with a host of new technologies. However, the company has not made any changes to the powertrain of the electric-crossover.
Starting with the design, the EV is longer by a 70mm, without any change in the wheelbase as compared to the pre-facelift model. The new Hyundai Kona Electric features an all-new front fascia with updated headlamp setup. The electric crossover features new LED DRL placed at the top along with the main headlamp unit placed on the bumper.
Other changes on the front include a new bumper design with two vertical slats placed on either side. The lower part of the bumper now features a new two vertical slats with silver accents for enhanced looks.
At the rear, the crossover has received a couple of changes as well. This includes a new bumper and split tail-lamp design. The rear also houses a separate unit for fog lamps, turn-signal indicators and auxiliary taillamps as well.
The charging slot continues to be in the front of the electric crossover. The company has retained the Kona's overall silhouette from its predecessor model with a swooping roofline giving it a crossover look. The 2021 Kona EV also features a new alloy wheel design as well.
On the inside, the new Kona EV receives new equipment and features that are already seen on other models sold by the brand in its portfolio. This includes a new fully-digital instrument cluster, a larger touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
However other features such as air-con vent design, climate controls, buttons for various functions such as gear selector and cup holders on the centre console are retained from the pre-facelift model.
The new Kona Electric features a state-of-the-art Hyundai safety package for peace of mind. This includes a Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) and Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA), which not only warns the drivers but also implement the brakes where necessary. Additionally, the Kona EV also features standard safety equipment such as airbags, ABS with EBD and more.
As mentioned before, the company has not made any changes to the electric powertrain of the 2021 Kona EV. The Hyundai Kona EV is available in two Lithium-ion Polymer battery capacities: 39.2kWh & 64kWh. Both batteries are mated to a (PMS) Permanent Magnet Synchronous electric motor.
The entry-level variant produces 134bhp and 396Nm of torque, while the top-spec variant produces 203bhp and 395Nm torque. However, if the 2021 Kona Electric launched in the Indian market, it is expected to get the lower-spec model, which is currently available in the country. It will continue to have similar fast charging time and regeneration technologies as the outgoing model in the Indian market.
The company has not revealed any plans to bring the 2021 Hyundai Kona to the Indian market. However, we expect Hyundai to launch the update Kona Electric sometime next year due to the rising demand for EVs in the country.
Thoughts About The 2021 Hyundai Kona Electric Unveiled Globally
The 2021 Hyundai Kona features updated design along with a couple of new features and technologies. Once launched, the new Hyundai Kona will rival the MG ZS EV, Tata Nexon and the upcoming Mahindra XUV300; among others.