- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 2 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 3 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports FIFA details $5M handed to players claiming unpaid salaries
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Hyundai has officially unveiled the first set of teaser images of the upcoming all-new i20 premium hatchback. The all-new Hyundai i20 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in November. The all-new premium hatchback features a completely revamped design to both it's exterior and interior, while also coming packed with a host of features and equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 has also started arriving at dealerships, with certain showrooms having already started accepting unofficial bookings. However, Hyundai is yet to officially confirm both, the start of bookings and the exact launch date for the premium hatchback in the Indian market. Although we do expect official bookings to start in the coming days.
Coming back to the official teaser images, this is the first-ever look at the India-spec i20 hatchback from Hyundai. As seen from the official design sketches, the new Hyundai i20 will follow the brand's 'sensuous sportiness' global design language.
This includes the presence of the large cascading grille at the front, sharper-looking LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, triangular fog lamp housing on the front bumper, dual-tone paint scheme and a host of other stylish and sporty design elements.
The sporty design elements continue to the hatchback's interiors as well. Inside, the all-new i20 comes with a revamped dashboard and cabin layout. The new India-spec Hyundai i20 will carry forward a similar-looking dash and cabin as its international-spec version.
This includes the sporty steering wheel with mounted controls, 10.25-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's Blue Link connected technology, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other features also include automatic climate control, cruise control, wireless charging, BOSE speakers, electric sunroof, ambient lighting, rearview camera with active guidelines, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags and a host of other equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 once launched in India is expected to be offered with the same powertrain options as the Venue compact-SUV. This includes two petrol engine offerings: a 1.2-litre NA unit producing 83bhp and 114Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox.
The other will be the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, paired with the same six-speed iMT and a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission.
In terms of diesel, the new Hyundai i20 will also get the same 1.5-litre unit. The oil burner will produce 110bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and come mated to a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
Once launched in the market, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 6.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). It will take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The All-New Hyundai I20 Premium Hatchback
The all-new Hyundai i20 hatchback looks extremely sporty and seems to come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with some proven strong-performing engine options. The new i20 has always been a popular offering in the segment and now the new-gen model could further help boost sales, especially during the festive season.