- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 19 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 20 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 22 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News PM Modi congratulates Brazilian president on successful launch of Amazonia-1 satellite
- Sports Rumour Has It: Gerrard lined up for Liverpool return as Klopp exit looms
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Hyundai has officially unveiled the first set of teaser images of the upcoming all-new i20 premium hatchback. The all-new Hyundai i20 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in November. The all-new premium hatchback features a completely revamped design to both it's exterior and interior, while also coming packed with a host of features and equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 has also started arriving at dealerships, with certain showrooms having already started accepting unofficial bookings. However, Hyundai is yet to officially confirm both, the start of bookings and the exact launch date for the premium hatchback in the Indian market. Although we do expect official bookings to start in the coming days.
Coming back to the official teaser images, this is the first-ever look at the India-spec i20 hatchback from Hyundai. As seen from the official design sketches, the new Hyundai i20 will follow the brand's 'sensuous sportiness' global design language.
This includes the presence of the large cascading grille at the front, sharper-looking LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, triangular fog lamp housing on the front bumper, dual-tone paint scheme and a host of other stylish and sporty design elements.
The sporty design elements continue to the hatchback's interiors as well. Inside, the all-new i20 comes with a revamped dashboard and cabin layout. The new India-spec Hyundai i20 will carry forward a similar-looking dash and cabin as its international-spec version.
This includes the sporty steering wheel with mounted controls, 10.25-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's Blue Link connected technology, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other features also include automatic climate control, cruise control, wireless charging, BOSE speakers, electric sunroof, ambient lighting, rearview camera with active guidelines, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags and a host of other equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 once launched in India is expected to be offered with the same powertrain options as the Venue compact-SUV. This includes two petrol engine offerings: a 1.2-litre NA unit producing 83bhp and 114Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox.
The other will be the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, paired with the same six-speed iMT and a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission.
In terms of diesel, the new Hyundai i20 will also get the same 1.5-litre unit. The oil burner will produce 110bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and come mated to a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
Once launched in the market, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 6.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). It will take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The All-New Hyundai I20 Premium Hatchback
The all-new Hyundai i20 hatchback looks extremely sporty and seems to come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with some proven strong-performing engine options. The new i20 has always been a popular offering in the segment and now the new-gen model could further help boost sales, especially during the festive season.