- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Movies Vikas Gupta Slams Media For Following Deepika Padukone’s Car; Says ‘It Seems You’ll Are High’
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 7: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals: Predicted XI, Head to head record, India timing, live streamin
- Technology LG Wing Teardown Video Reveals Key Details: Best Dual Screen Phone?
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Hyundai India will be launching a next-generation model of the i20 premium hatchback in the market. The upcoming model will feature a new design and a host of updates inside and out over the current-gen Elite i20.
Ahead of its launch, the next-gen Hyundai i20 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Rushlane, reveals a complete camouflage mule and was spotted in Hyderabad doing its latest round of testing.
Although the car is completely covered, some indications will point towards the test mule being a new-gen i20. Starting with the aggressive silhouette of the hatchback along with a sharkfin antenna and the 15-inch alloy wheels, that looks as same as the ones found on the international model.
The new-gen i20 will feature an all-new design with a new cascading grille, sleek-looking headlamps, a light bar connecting the new wrap-around split tail lamps, and a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design the new-gen i20 looks more premium than the outgoing model of the hatchback.
Like all Hyundai models, the interiors of i20 will come packed with a host of features. This includes a new dashboard design, two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and touchscreen infotainment system, respectively.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 is expected to borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Along with the connected features, it could also feature an electric sunroof, ventilated seats, dual-zone climate control, rear air-con vents and a Bose premium audio system. Hyundai is also expected to improve the safety features on the new i20 with a host of active and passive systems. This includes a blind-spot monitoring, multiple airbags, ISO-FIX mounts; among others.
Speaking about powertrain options, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to be offered with three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre oil burner unit borrowed from the Kia Seltos, albeit in a detuned state.
The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, and a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit could be offered with both six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT as well.
Once launched, the new-gen Hyundai i20 will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Tata Altroz, the Volkswagen Polo, the Toyota Glanza, and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market. With all the new changes, the new i20 is expected to see a substantial price increase as compared to the current-gen Elite i20 model.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Hyundai Elite i20 is due for a design change and feature upgrade. The current-gen model is sold only with a petrol engine. However, the new-gen i20 is expected to bring plenty of engine and transmission options along with many best-in-class features.