- 4 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports ISL 2020-21: East Bengal vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Krishna, Manvir help ATKMB triumph in historic derby
- News Time for KCR, TRS regime to go: JP Nadda
- Movies KBC 12: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question Related To Slumdog Millionaire That Stumped Ankush Sharma?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Hyundai is said to be working on their third-generation Elite i20 premium hatchback for quite some time now. The South Korean brand was expected to globally unveil the hatchback at the Geneva Motor Show, however, the plan had to be cancelled amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hyundai then later unveiled the third-generation hatchback online and the new Elite i20 is now expected to be introduced in India sometime later this year. Ahead of its launch in the country, the third-generation premium hatchback has been spied testing on the streets of Delhi.
As seen in the spy pics from Rushlane, the third-generation Hyundai Elite i20 can be spotted covered entirely in camouflage. The hatchback in the spy pics can be seen with halogen headlamps, amidst all the black-cladding at the front. However, the halogen headlamps are just a temporary fixture on the test mule, with the actual model said to receive LED units.
The European-spec Hyundai i20 also comes with Z-shaped LED taillights as well. The third-generation Hyundai Elite i20 now comes with major changes to its design, this includes new headlamps, new front and rear bumpers, bold creases and lines all around, a brand-new set of dual-tone alloy wheels and a host of other subtle changes as well.
Inside, the third-generation Hyundai Elite i20 also features a host of updates and changes. This includes a more premium looking dashboard and cabin. The interiors also receive a host of new features and equipment. This includes a new infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and also the brand's Blue Link connected technology.
Other features also include a digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, ambient lighting, steering-mounted controls, new AC vents, automatic climate control and an overall clutter-free cabin.
The third-generation Hyundai Elite i20 once introduced in the Indian market, could borrow its engine and transmission options from the Venue SUV. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol producing 83bhp; 1.5-litre diesel churning out 100bhp and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol offering 120bhp. All three engines will receive a manual transmission as standard, with an optional automatic gearbox as well.
Thoughts About The Third-Generation Hyundai Elite i20 Spy Pics
The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the best-selling models in the brand's lineup in the Indian market. The premium hatchback is also a popular model in the segment and rivals the likes of the Maruti Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Tata Altroz.