- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai Motors India has officially started accepting bookings for the all-new Creta SUV in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Creta bookings can be done through company dealerships for an amount of Rs 25,000.
Hyundai first showcased the 2020 Creta at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2020. The new Hyundai Creta comes with a completely refreshed design, host of updates and a bunch of new features and equipment — here is a look at the differences between the new and outgoing Creta models.
The 2020 Hyundai Creta is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market from the 17th of March 2020. Deliveries for the new mid-size SUV are said to begin from the time of launch.
Once introduced in India, the new Creta SUV will rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Mahindra XUV500, MG Hector and the likes. The Creta has been one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market, consistently present in the top-selling car list in the country month-on-month. However, since the launch of newer rivals in the segment, sales numbers have dropped for the Creta.
Hyundai is hoping that the new Creta will help them bring back the lost sales, with the aim to regain the segment leader status which it held until the arrival of the Kia Seltos — here is a brief comparison between the new Creta & Seltos.
The South Korean company will introduce the Creta with the same engines from the Kia Seltos. This includes 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine options. The new engines on the 2020 Creta model will replace the old 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines from the outgoing model. The new engines, as on the Kia Seltos will be BS6-compliant as well.
Hyundai is yet to confirm the exact power output of the three engines on the new Creta. However, on the Kia Seltos the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines produce 115bhp and 144Nm and 250Nm of torque, respectively
The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol, on the other hand, churns out 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque on the Kia Seltos. All three engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, with either a CVT, IVT or DCT automatic transmission options.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Creta Bookings In India
The Hyundai Creta as mentioned above is among the most popular mid-size SUVs in the Indian market. However, over the past couple of months sales have dropped significantly for the current-generation model. Hyundai will be hoping to correct this with the new model, inspired by the international ix25 SUV.