- 44 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay’s Remuneration For His Tollywood Debut Film Will Amaze You
- News Offer Eid-ul-Fitr prayers at home: Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid urges people
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Releases List Of 15 Crucial Preventive Practices Against COVID
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Ford entered into a partnership with Mahindra last year. As per the agreement between the two brands, all future Ford models in India will share their underpinnings with Mahindra models. The partnership also states that the home-grown carmaker will also handle production operations of the new Ford models for the Indian market.
While there are many models planned, the first Ford product to carry forward the Mahindra platform will be an all-new C-SUV (mid-size SUV). The new Ford SUV will be based on the Mahindra's upcoming XUV500 model and is expected to go on sale in the country sometime in mid-2021.
Ahead of its launch, a new photo has been leaked by thepetrobug/Instagram, which claims to be of the new Ford SUV. The spy pic showcases just the front grille of the SUV with the Ford logo at its centre. The image also reveals the central air intake on the front bumper along with the split-lighting arrangements on the upcoming SUV.
Talking about the upcoming Ford SUV, the model is said to share its design cues from the brand's global product lineup. However, the new SUV will receive additional styling elements from Pininfarina, the iconic Italian design studio owned by Mahindra. Also, as mentioned before the car will also share its platform and other components from the upcoming Mahindra XUV500, which is said to go on sale in India by early-2021.
However, the Ford SUV will come with a completely different design compared to that of the upcoming Mahindra XUV500. Earlier reports also suggested that the American car brand could also tweak the chassis and suspension slightly, ensuring it maintains similar driving dynamics as other models.
The new Ford C-SUV is expected to come powered by both petrol and diesel engine options. This will come in the form of 2.0-litre petrol and 2.2-litre diesel units, both producing around 180bhp of power output. The two engines will further be offered with both manual and automatic transmission units as well.
Thoughts On The New Ford SUV Spied For The First Time
The new Ford C-SUV will be the first of many models to use Mahindra underpinnings in the future. Post the launch of the Mahindra XUV500 based SUV, Ford also has plans of introducing a smaller B-SUV as well.
Coming back to the Ford C-SUV, once the new model is introduced in mid-2021 it will take on the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the MG Hector in the segment.