- 5 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 6 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 6 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 7 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Ford and Mahindra announced a joint-venture in the Indian market back in October last year. The joint venture between the two brands has already commenced work in multiple areas, including new products for the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
As part of the JV between Ford and Mahindra, both brands are expected to bring in new SUVs to the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the partnership is said to be co-developing four new SUVs for the Indian market. This includes two SUVs each from either of the brands.
Among the four new models, both companies will first introduce the larger SUVs in the Indian market. This will be the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 (codenamed W601) and its respective Ford derivative, codenamed W605.
The other two models from Ford and Mahindra will be positioned below the XUV500 model and are scheduled to go on sale at a later date. The smaller Mahindra and Ford SUVs are codenamed S204 and B745, respectively.
These two models will feature completely different designs from each other. However, both SUVs will feature the same monocoque chassis, translating to similar dimensions as well. However, depending on the target audience, certain changes can be made as well.
Apart from the construction, both the Mahindra S204 and the B745 will also carry forward the same identical powertrains as well. This is said to come in the form of Mahindra's 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 163bhp. However, Mahindra will initially introduce this engine on the upcoming Marazzo petrol MPV.
Mahindra recently confirmed that the next-generation XUV500 will go on sale in the Indian market during the first quarter of 2021. The C-segment Ford SUV (XUV500 derivative) will go on sale next, sometime during the latter-half of next year. The B-segment SUVs, the Mahindra S204 and the Ford B745, however, is expected to go on sale in India only by FY2022.
Thoughts On The New Upcoming Ford-Mahindra SUVs To India
The Ford-Mahindra joint venture is beneficial for both brands, especially Ford in the Indian market. The larger C-segment SUVs will be launched first, ahead of the smaller B-segment models, which could be positioned between the XUV500 and the XUV300 in the Indian market.