- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 3 hrs ago TVS ARIVE App: An Augmented Reality Experience For Apache Customers: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Expands Sales & Service Network Ahead Of Magnite Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Sports Premier Badminton League: PBL Season 6 postponed due to Covid 19 pandemic
- Movies Randeep Hooda To Make His Digital Debut With Neerraj Pathak's Cop Thriller Series Inspector Avinash
- News BJP door open for Suvendu: Dilip Ghosh
- Technology BSNL Installs 85,000 New FTTH Connections In October
- Lifestyle Richa Chadha Wows Us With Her Two Stunning Outfits; Find Out The Details
- Finance Railways Launches New Online System For Employees To Check PF Balance, Apply For Advance
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Ford and Mahindra announced a joint-venture in the Indian market back in October last year. The joint venture between the two brands has already commenced work in multiple areas, including new products for the Indian market.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
As part of the JV between Ford and Mahindra, both brands are expected to bring in new SUVs to the Indian market. According to Autocar India, the partnership is said to be co-developing four new SUVs for the Indian market. This includes two SUVs each from either of the brands.
Among the four new models, both companies will first introduce the larger SUVs in the Indian market. This will be the next-generation Mahindra XUV500 (codenamed W601) and its respective Ford derivative, codenamed W605.
The other two models from Ford and Mahindra will be positioned below the XUV500 model and are scheduled to go on sale at a later date. The smaller Mahindra and Ford SUVs are codenamed S204 and B745, respectively.
These two models will feature completely different designs from each other. However, both SUVs will feature the same monocoque chassis, translating to similar dimensions as well. However, depending on the target audience, certain changes can be made as well.
Apart from the construction, both the Mahindra S204 and the B745 will also carry forward the same identical powertrains as well. This is said to come in the form of Mahindra's 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 163bhp. However, Mahindra will initially introduce this engine on the upcoming Marazzo petrol MPV.
Mahindra recently confirmed that the next-generation XUV500 will go on sale in the Indian market during the first quarter of 2021. The C-segment Ford SUV (XUV500 derivative) will go on sale next, sometime during the latter-half of next year. The B-segment SUVs, the Mahindra S204 and the Ford B745, however, is expected to go on sale in India only by FY2022.
Thoughts On The New Upcoming Ford-Mahindra SUVs To India
The Ford-Mahindra joint venture is beneficial for both brands, especially Ford in the Indian market. The larger C-segment SUVs will be launched first, ahead of the smaller B-segment models, which could be positioned between the XUV500 and the XUV300 in the Indian market.