- 16 min ago Isuzu MU-X BS6 Launched In India With New Powertrain: Prices Start At Rs 33.23 Lakh
- 27 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Once Again: Here Are All The Details!
- 50 min ago Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.98 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Tata Nexon & Altroz Prices Increased Across Variants: Here Are The New Prices!
- Sports Sunrisers Hyderabad owners donate Rs 30 crore in India's fight against COVID-19
- Lifestyle On 2 Years Of Student Of The Year 2, Fashion Lessons From Ananya Panday And Tara Sutaria From The Film
- Movies Karan Johar Becomes Cause Ambassador For India's First Information Repository To Find COVID-19 Centres
- Finance Direct Equity Vs Equity Mutual Funds: Which Is The Best Investment Option For You?
- News Coronavirus crisis: Come out, will help in COVID-19 treatment, Telangana Police appeal to Maoists
- Education Mera Doordarshan Mera Vidyalaya: DD Bihar Begins Virtual Classes For Students
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Ford India is expected to launch the new Figo sometime next year in the country. The new Figo hatchback will also be receiving a new petrol engine sourced from Mahindra. The Figo is the brand's entry-level model sold in Ford's Indian line-up.
According to the latest report from Overdrive, the Figo could get the mStallion turbo-petrol unit from Mahindra. The power unit was showcased the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its debut. The new turbo-petrol unit is expected to make the Figo much faster than the outgoing model.
It will be a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, direct-injection, turbo-petrol unit producing 129bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The new engine was expected to make its debut on the Mahindra XUV300 earlier this year. However, the launch plans were postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The new engine on the 2021 Ford Figo will make it among the most powerful hatchback if it retains the same state-of-tune. Currently, the Figo hatchback is available with two engine options: a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated unit and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 95bhp and 119Nm of torque. While the 1.5-litre turbo-diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Speaking about the new Ford Figo, the hatchback could receive new design changes from the company. This includes interior and exterior revision with an updated front fascia and upgraded features. The company could equip the hatchback with a new infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Ford & Mahindra announced their partnership earlier this year. According to the partnership agreement, the joint venture between two automakers will see Mahindra owning a 51 per cent controlling stake and Ford owning a 49 per cent stake. Ford's personnel and assembly plants in Chennai and Sanand will be handled by both companies, as a part of the venture.
Under the new venture, Ford will introduce three new utility vehicles, starting with a new mid-size SUV that will share Mahindra's platform and powertrain. The new venture will also work towards electric mobility to support the growth of sustainable mobility.
On the other hand, the upcoming new Ford Figo could join Mahindra's line-up to be the hatchback offering from the brand. Weather Mahindra will introduce the rebranded Figo in the Indian market is yet to be known.
Thoughts About The New Ford Figo Expected To Recieve Petrol Engine From Mahindra
The demand for turbo-petrol engines has grown substantially in the Indian market. The new engine will give the Figo petrol a much-needed upgrade in performance to match its newly launched rivals. The new turbo-petrol engine could also make the Figo one among the fastest hatchback in the segment in India.