- 12 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Technology Poco M3 India Launch Date Set For February 2
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Ford India is expected to launch the new Figo sometime next year in the country. The new Figo hatchback will also be receiving a new petrol engine sourced from Mahindra. The Figo is the brand's entry-level model sold in Ford's Indian line-up.
According to the latest report from Overdrive, the Figo could get the mStallion turbo-petrol unit from Mahindra. The power unit was showcased the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its debut. The new turbo-petrol unit is expected to make the Figo much faster than the outgoing model.
It will be a 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, direct-injection, turbo-petrol unit producing 129bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The new engine was expected to make its debut on the Mahindra XUV300 earlier this year. However, the launch plans were postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The new engine on the 2021 Ford Figo will make it among the most powerful hatchback if it retains the same state-of-tune. Currently, the Figo hatchback is available with two engine options: a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated unit and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 95bhp and 119Nm of torque. While the 1.5-litre turbo-diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Speaking about the new Ford Figo, the hatchback could receive new design changes from the company. This includes interior and exterior revision with an updated front fascia and upgraded features. The company could equip the hatchback with a new infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Ford & Mahindra announced their partnership earlier this year. According to the partnership agreement, the joint venture between two automakers will see Mahindra owning a 51 per cent controlling stake and Ford owning a 49 per cent stake. Ford's personnel and assembly plants in Chennai and Sanand will be handled by both companies, as a part of the venture.
Under the new venture, Ford will introduce three new utility vehicles, starting with a new mid-size SUV that will share Mahindra's platform and powertrain. The new venture will also work towards electric mobility to support the growth of sustainable mobility.
On the other hand, the upcoming new Ford Figo could join Mahindra's line-up to be the hatchback offering from the brand. Weather Mahindra will introduce the rebranded Figo in the Indian market is yet to be known.
Thoughts About The New Ford Figo Expected To Recieve Petrol Engine From Mahindra
The demand for turbo-petrol engines has grown substantially in the Indian market. The new engine will give the Figo petrol a much-needed upgrade in performance to match its newly launched rivals. The new turbo-petrol engine could also make the Figo one among the fastest hatchback in the segment in India.