- 11 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
Force Motors is gearing up to launch the new Gurkha off-road SUV in the Indian market. The company has also showcased the upcoming SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch. The 2020 Gurkha was expected to arrive around this time in the country.
However, the launch plans had to be postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent nation-wide lockdown announced in the country. Force Motors seems to have resumed testing of the Gurkha after the relaxations on the nation-wide lockdown.
Ahead of its launch, the 2020 Gurkha has been spotted testing. Spy images from Rushlane, reveals a heavily camouflaged mule testing. The images also reveal the Gurkha's snorkel air intake which will help with water wading. The SUV spied is also using steel wheels which could come equipped on the lower variant of the SUV.
The next-gen Force Gurkha showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo came with a host of new changes over the previous model. This includes a new grille redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding and skirts all around the SUV and a new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
The wheel arches get beefier as well in the new model adding to the bold design of the off-road SUV. All in all the design changes made to the upcoming SUV gives it a more rugged and premium look as compared to its BS4 counterpart.
On the inside, the off-roader has been heavily updated and now features a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard. It also features a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well. The updated interiors now feel fresh and offer a pleasant cabin feel.
The 2020 Gurkha also becomes much safer as compared to its previous-gen model. The off-road SUV now complies with the new safety norms that came into effect from October 2019. According to the reports, the chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha have been heavily updated to offer more protection to occupants.
The new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that powered the BS4 models. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox with the power being sent to all four wheels. It will continue to feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains.
Once launched, the 2020 Force Gurkha, will primarily rival the next-gen Mahindra Thar, which is also undergoing testing and is scheduled to launch sometime this year. However, these off-road SUV will soon be joined by the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The 2020 Force Gurkha Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
Fore Motors have resumed testing after the relaxation were announced on the nation-wide lockdown. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of the off-road SUV is expected to have been pushed by a couple of months. The rivalry between the two might off-roader is set to continue with next-generation models as well.