- 9 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 10 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 10 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 To Have Only 12 Episodes?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Force Motors is expected to launch the all-new Gurkha sometime during the festive season this year. Ahead of its launch, the 2020 Gurkha has been spied several times revealing some of its new design and features.
Latest spy images posted by Charu Gokhale on Facebook revealed the next-gen off-road SUV in a red paint scheme. Until now, the new Gurkha featured an orange colour scheme in all its spottings.
The images reveal the new Gurkha in red colour along with all its accessories which were showcased by the company at the 2020 Auto Expo. This includes the windshield protectors, a new headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs, and a luggage rack among others.
The new Gurkha has undergone a complete design revision with newly added features. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV. It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated and now offers a pleasant feel with a host of added features. This includes a new touchscreen infotainment system, new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row, redesigned circular air vents and more.
The 2020 Gurkha also becomes safer with a heavily updated chassis and bodyshell to offer enhanced safety to both occupants and pedestrians. It could also be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Unlike the 2020 Thar, the BS6 Gurkha will be offered with a single diesel engine and manual gearbox option.
Once launched, the new Force Gurkha will rival the recently launched 2020 Mahindra Thar, and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny, which is expected to arrive sometime next year in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The 2020 Force Gurkha Spotted In Red Colour Ahead Of India Launch
The red paint scheme along with the contrasting all-around black body cladding and bumpers does give the next-gen Force Gurkha an imposing stance. The new off-road SUV was expected to go on sale much earlier in the country. However, the next-gen Force Gurkha launch has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.