- 1 hr ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- Movies Ankita Lokhande Shares Her Happiest Memory With Sushant Singh Rajput; Says ‘Pray For Him And His Family’
- News Hold talks, don't think of using force against farmers: Sharad Pawar
- Sports India vs England 2021: 'Rested' Bairstow raring to go against India
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Force Motors is expected to launch the all-new Gurkha sometime during the festive season this year. Ahead of its launch, the 2020 Gurkha has been spied several times revealing some of its new design and features.
Latest spy images posted by Charu Gokhale on Facebook revealed the next-gen off-road SUV in a red paint scheme. Until now, the new Gurkha featured an orange colour scheme in all its spottings.
The images reveal the new Gurkha in red colour along with all its accessories which were showcased by the company at the 2020 Auto Expo. This includes the windshield protectors, a new headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs, and a luggage rack among others.
The new Gurkha has undergone a complete design revision with newly added features. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV. It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated and now offers a pleasant feel with a host of added features. This includes a new touchscreen infotainment system, new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row, redesigned circular air vents and more.
The 2020 Gurkha also becomes safer with a heavily updated chassis and bodyshell to offer enhanced safety to both occupants and pedestrians. It could also be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Unlike the 2020 Thar, the BS6 Gurkha will be offered with a single diesel engine and manual gearbox option.
Once launched, the new Force Gurkha will rival the recently launched 2020 Mahindra Thar, and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny, which is expected to arrive sometime next year in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The 2020 Force Gurkha Spotted In Red Colour Ahead Of India Launch
The red paint scheme along with the contrasting all-around black body cladding and bumpers does give the next-gen Force Gurkha an imposing stance. The new off-road SUV was expected to go on sale much earlier in the country. However, the next-gen Force Gurkha launch has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.