- 4 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Covid-19 vaccination Day 1: 1 ‘severe’, 51 ‘minor’ cases of adverse events reported in Delhi
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
As India celebrates its 73rd Independence day on the 15th of August this year, various car brands have announced the introduction of multiple new products in the Indian market, during that time.
The combination of the celebrations of independence day and the fast-approaching festive season in the country attracts a lot of customers towards purchasing new products, including vehicles. While new models receive good responses from customers, carmakers also offer discounts and other benefits on older models to improve their sales as well.
Also, with COVID-19 causing a major disruption of sales in the first half, carmakers will be hoping to bounce back in the coming few months. The new products will further help them strengthen their lineup in the Indian market as well.
Having said that, here are some of the most important car launches expected in the Indian market during the month of August 2020.
1. Kia Sonet Compact-SUV
The Kia Sonet is one of the most-awaited models in the Indian market, since its debut in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The Kia Sonet once launched in India will be positioned in the Compact-SUV segment to take on rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport; among others.
The Kia Sonet will also be the third model from the South Korean carmaker in the country, following the Seltos and the Carnival offerings. Similar to the Kia Seltos and the Carnival, the Sonet SUV will also be assembled at the brand's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The Kia Sonet is expected to carry forward the same engine and transmission options as its cousin, the Hyundai Venue.
2. Tata HBX Micro-SUV
Tata Motors has been working on introducing a brand-new entry-level SUV in the Indian market for a while now, called the HBX. The Tata HBX is a near-production-ready concept of their upcoming micro-SUV for the Indian market, showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new Tata HBX once launched in India is expected to take on rivals such as the Mahindra KUV100 and even the Renault Kwid and the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso offerings. The new Tata HBX will be positioned below the Nexon in the brand's product lineup in the country.
3. New Hyundai Elite i20 Premium Hatchback
The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the brand's best-selling models in the country. The premium hatchback takes on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Tata Altroz in the country. The new-generation Elite i20 has been revealed in the international markets and is soon expected to make its way to India as well.
The new Hyundai Elite i20 has already been spotted testing in the country on multiple occasions in the past. The new Elite i20 hatchback comes with a completely fresh design, looking more modern and sporty than before. The premium hatchback will borrow its engine from the Venue SUV offering for the Indian market.
4. Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol SUV
Renault showcased the Duster at the 2020 Auto Expo, alongside a number of other models. However, this Renault Duster came powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 154bhp and 260Nm of peak torque. The turbo-petrol powered Renault Duster was initially expected to go on sale in April, although amidst the lockdown its plans had to be delayed.
Now, there are various reports that the Renault Duster turbo-petrol variant is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in August with the exact date yet to be revealed. The new turbo-petrol engine, however, has already debuted in India on the 2020 Nissan Kicks SUV.
5. BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe
BMW is all set to introduce the 2 Series Gran Coupe in the Indian market in August this year. Once launched, the new BMW 2 Series will be positioned below the 3 series sedan range and will be the most affordable product from the German brand in the country.
The upcoming BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe in India is expected to be powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel unit, which powers the 320d model. Power and torque figures are also expected to be identical, although the 2 Series Gran Coupe will be priced much lower, making it the most-affordable BMW in India yet.
Thoughts About The Top-Five Upcoming Car Launches In India In August 2020
Car manufacturers in India are hoping to regain some of the lost sales in the coming months. With the arrival of independence day in the country, carmakers will be hoping for improved customer sentiments towards new vehicle purchases, after what has been most probably the worst year for the auto industry.